Monsoon Aquatics is a leading Australian licensed collector of aquarium coral and fish, supplying unique high quality product to the aquarium retail industry both in Australia and around the world. We believe in bringing the wonder and beauty of the coral reef to the world so it can be enjoyed, understood and valued. With facilities in Darwin, Cairns and Bundaberg, we are a growing and innovative company.
Our team of 40 is passionate about what we do, and are looking for an HR coordinator to join the business and help us all grow and thrive!
This role is perfect for an all rounder HR professional who can lean on their experience to set us up for success, putting in place systems and processes as required.
You will then be responsible for the day to day operations of HR, ensuring that we are looking after our talented employees in the best possible way. If people (and maybe even marine fish & coral) are your thing then we would love to meet you!
Some of the things we would love you to manage are here, but this is also your role to own – we want to give you the space to make recommendations and bring your skills and experience to the table.
- Identifying new HR systems and processes to help us work in the most efficient manner and ensure our staff are looked after
- Identifying and develop/amend required policies, sharing with team and ensuring legal compliance
- Preparing HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and onboarding guides
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
- Assisting with payroll by providing relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Developing and coordinating performance reviews and employee engagement surveys
- Providing assistance with recruitment and first round screening
- Building a strong, accountable and supportive culture
- Experienced HR professional, understanding the requirements of a small business
- A strategic thinker and hands on operator
- Thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- A desire to create a great culture
- Ability to spot (and deliver upon) opportunity for improvement
- A genuine desire to learn about our business and the environment in which we operate
What’s the deal?
- Part-time: 1 day/week
- Location: We have facilities in Darwin, Cairns and Bundaberg, but this role can be done 100% remotely so no matter where you live, we’d love to hear from you!
- Salary: $110k + Super (as a full time equivalent)
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!