Fitness Passport gives employers the chance to offer their employees affordable fitness memberships. With one easy card, employees can access a wide range of local gyms, fitness centres and pools for a fraction of the retail price.
We have been growing rapidly since inception in 2005. To maintain our rapid growth, we are looking to expand our team to match our member expectations and reach our growth potential. Our goal is to bring more rigour to our processes and systems and need a great HR professional to help us set up the foundations for this next chapter of high growth.
About the role
This role is for an HR professional who loves being hands on, seeing what needs to be done and making it happen.
You will be instrumental in shaping the day to day experience and career of our employees and will be driven by the desire to make Fitness Passport the best possible place to work and thrive. You are the sort of the person that would have been described as the “go-to” and this in itself is a badge of honour!
Reporting into the General Manager Finance (with a dotted line into the CEO) you really have the opportunity to make an impact in this role.
It’s an exciting time at Fitness Passport and if this role sounds perfect for you, we’d love you to be a key part of the story!
Objectives of the role
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organisation as a whole, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Provide assistance with recruitment and first round screening
- Perform office management duties including booking travel, ordering stationary and managing staff gifts
Responsibilities & duties
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organisational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Be the primary backup for payroll processing
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and development of employee handbook, employee directory, and organisational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Research and coordinate appropriating Learning and Development opportunities and training for staff as required.
- Some Office Manager duties including being the primary coordinator for staff travel, stationary orders and staff gifts
- Other duties as required
Required experience and qualifications
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or related field and any additional HR training will be a bonus
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Experience in a scaling medium sized business would be a bonus and we would love to hear about it
- Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- You love what you do and you bring your best self to work every day
- Part-time: 3 days/week or equivalent across 4 or 5 days
- Location: Rhodes (the train station is in walking distance)
- We know how important flexibility is so let’s chat about this what means for you
- Salary: $110k + Super (as a full time equivalent)
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.