SECA is Sydney based national market leader, supplying pipeline technology to the water, local government, plumbing, mining, and civil industries across Australia & New Zealand. We have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
Founded in 1967, SECA is a privately owned company that prides itself on supplying the highest quality product and a level of after sales support and care that sets us apart from our peers.
With 28 employees, we partner with all types of businesses including global leaders in our sector, leading Australian infrastructure organisations as well as supporting smaller scale hire companies and plumbing contractors.
Our business is accelerating and has outgrown its current structure and capacity. We are seeking a hands-on part time HR Officer to join our team!
You will support our leadership group in creating our People and Culture plans, resolve issues and provide advice to the leadership team around achieving its business goals.
You will be responsible for driving a proactive, accountable, people and culture agenda. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Structuring the organisation to remove bottlenecks and increase capacity in key areas of the business.
- Ensuring consistent Job Descriptions and clear KPI’s across the business.
- Leading the cyclical HR activities – performance and remuneration reviews.
- Implementing a robust training and development plan across all teams.
- Providing HR advice around performance improvement plans.
- Managing recruitment & onboarding and the ongoing nurturing and retention of talent.
You will also provide coaching and mentoring to leaders to continue to build their people management capability and be a sounding board on all people issues.
Key focus areas:
The immediate mandate for the role is to help re-engineer our structure, and processes that will enable us to achieve our ambitious goals.
From there the focus will be on creating and driving a “High-Performance Culture”, with key focus areas including:
- Developing and reviewing all HR related documents, policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing our People and Culture Strategy in line with our Strategic Business Plan, ensuring the long-term success of the business.
- Refining and implementing KPI programs linked to our Strategic Business Plan across all functions to ensure a high-performance culture.
You are a resilient, high energy individual with a reputation for delivering what you promise.
You will have a broad HR skill set with the ability to spot strategic risks and opportunities, prioritise initiatives whilst taking a “hands on” approach.
A strong team player, you will have specific experience in people & culture transformation.
- Bachelor level degree in Human Resource Management or similar
- 7+ experience in a HR function, demonstrated successful experience in developing, reviewing, and implementing HR strategies, frameworks, policies, and procedures to meet operational and strategic people related objectives
- Experience working autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to build effective working relationships within the business
- Experience in partnering with Leadership Teams and having demonstrated the ability to develop a People and Culture roadmap
What is the deal?
- Location: The offices are based in Southwestern Sydney.
- Hours: 2 Days per week, or about 15 hours a week (0.4 of a Full Time Equivalent). This can be managed as 2 full days, or across 3 shorter days. Let’s see what can work for you! Note: hours may vary depending on business requirements.
- Salary $90-$100k including Super as a Full Time Equivalent, based on skills and experience. This would be then pro-rated to the agreed hours.
- Start date: ASAP!
How to apply:
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but we’d love it if you could give us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We’re excited to meet you!