Rest Super invests its members’ money across different investment markets using a range of asset classes and investment strategies to meet our investment objectives and grow retirement savings. Investing across many types of investment markets and asset classes with a wide range of investment strategies takes skill and expertise so Rest appoints specialist investment managers.
Super Investment Management (SIM) is a specialist Investment Manager for Rest Super.
The SIM Infrastructure Investments team is critical to the new SIM strategy to manage portfolios of infrastructure investments rather than just direct investments.We now oversee the due diligence on various projects and now need to manage the risk diversity within the portfolio. This is really important to the returns our members realise on their Super investments.
About the role
This is a new role for our team. We’re looking for someone who can bring serious data analytical capability to the team and work autonomously, taking initiative to produce insightful investment recommendations for infrastructure projects in the context of the rest of the portfolio. We have a high level of communication and collaboration, working within the team to achieve collective outcomes. Humility and honesty are key.
The primary role is to develop, monitor and assist in the management of Rest Infrastructure Portfolio construction and risk. A secondary role will be to provide guidance and input into revenue forecasts for existing investments and for potential investment opportunities so as to provide strong underpinning and support for the business/investment case forecasts that form an integral part of risk/return assessments that the Infrastructure team is required to make.
The role requires a capability to do data analysis using a number of programs and tools e.g. @Risk, VB Basic and R programming.
Assist in ongoing portfolio analysis and procurement of revenue and business/investment case forecasts for existing assets within the Rest Infrastructure Portfolio and for domestic and global investment opportunities that SIM would investigate on behalf of Rest. This will include;
- Portfolio construction analysis
- Portfolio risk analysis and suggest risk mitigation approaches
- Monitoring of Portfolio compliance with Rest guidelines
- Oversight of Portfolio Model, monitoring of expected and actual cashflows and impacts to performance
- Point of contact between the Infrastructure team and the SIM Operations team
- Preparation of Portfolio Level inputs to the Direct Asset Review Panel
- Internal review of vendor market/revenue forecasts
- Threshold issue analysis of external advisers responsible for market/revenue forecasts
- Review and assessment of external adviser market reports and associated revenue forecasts material to the overall infrastructure portfolio and or specific material investments
- Assisting where appropriate, the Management Teams of Assets involving Rest ownership to develop revenue strategies at the asset level
- Data analysis, delving down to root cause investigations
- Assist in the review and critiquing (from a portfolio construction perspective) of proposals and business/investment cases for existing assets and global infrastructure investment opportunities brought forward
- Conduct market research on potential Infrastructure investment sectors and projects, and broadly develop a detailed sector and projects database for the Rest Infrastructure Team.
The experience, understanding or credentials we’re looking for include:
- An understanding of the factors influencing infrastructure investments, which could have been gained from a background in infrastructure ownership/management/operating companies, project finance or corporate finance
- An understanding of the inherent risks of investing in long-term assets such as infrastructure projects and appetite for analysing the risks, identifying potential mitigating strategies for a portfolio of multi-sector assets
- Knowledge of factors to be considered in constructing an Infrastructure portfolio to deliver CPI+6%
- High level numeracy skills
- Data Analytics and Programming Skills – experience of using @Risk, VB Basic and R programming would be advantageous;
- Portfolio construction techniques and risk analysis
- Presentation skills including the ability to describe complex processes and concepts through to key stakeholders
- Strategic planning skills, both short and long term
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the expertise to develop and present a range of documentation, charts, proposals and reports at a senior level
Rest/SIM expects that our people will observe and champion our Values of Member Focus; Excellence; Responsibility; Integrity and Working Together. Rest/SIM’s values are shared statements of how we conduct ourselves in all our dealings with each other, our service partners and internal and external stakeholders to ensure we deliver exceptional service, experiences and effectively manage relationships.
- Hours – we’re looking for someone 3-4 days a week or equivalent in school hours, for instance
- Salary – $100-$110 including Super, Full Time Equivalent
- Location – Melbourne CBD. We have the technology to enable to you to work from home as it suits you, however it would be great to have you in the office and with the team a couple of days a week.
If you love numbers, analytics and would like to join a team where we value you highly, please apply here through Beam, with a cover letter addressing your experience in the requirements which you’re really strong in. We look forward to meeting you!
Related Jobs (3)
Digital Optimisation Lead | Sydney | Part-time: 16 hours/week on February 22, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Manager, Internal Audit | PwC | Melbourne | Part-time: 4 days on September 20, 2018