Who we are
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognised as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a contract instructional designer to support development of a digital marketing class. This individual will collaborate with the existing team and subject matter experts to build a full-time course designed for adults to enter the digital marketing profession. This is a three month, 35 hour/week contract.
– Demonstrated innovation in designing in-person workshops for professional adults
– Efficiency and resourcefulness in finding, assigning and managing work to subject matter experts
– Basic graphic design skills using Keynote and PowerPoint
– Ability to adapt to the General Assembly style in terms of tone of voice, design and activity style
– Experience with digital marketing is preferred but not required
How to apply:
In your cover letter:
1. Please describe a successful workshop activity you have designed in the past. What made it successful?
2. Please also review this article (https://generalassemb.ly/marketing/digital-marketing/email-marketing) and describe how you would bring this information to life through active learning activities in a classroom setting.
We look forward to meeting you!