Woolworths Group is a proud, homegrown Australian business, employer of more than 200,000 people and a committed business partner of local farmers, producers and manufacturers. Woolworths Group manages some of Australia’s most recognised and trusted brands including Woolworths, Dan Murphy’s, BWS, Cellarmasters, BIG W, Countdown and ALH. We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which is reflective of the communities in which we operate.
Our End to End Process Internal Audit team is part of the broader Risk and Assurance department which provides risk management, data analytics, security and assurance services across Woolworths Group.
We support the Audit Risk Management and Compliance Committee and Woolworths Group management by reviewing business processes, support processes and related controls. We cover all business units across the Group with a focus on current business priorities, emerging risks, our customers and commercial success. This coverage provides a broad exposure, industry insights and learning opportunities to our team members.
To be successful in a fast-paced environment like Woolworths, we apply an agile operating model and flexible project team structures. Our team members are diverse and experienced professionals. We support each other, continuously innovate and evolve our ways of working.
Our services are valued by management and we are frequently being proactively engaged to perform process reviews. Our day to day work is a combination of broad, deep, pre-implementation, design, efficiency and control effectiveness reviews. These reviews are tailored to meet the needs of management and to provide value to the business, making every audit project unique.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Internal Audit Manager on a permanent basis, reporting to the Senior Internal Audit Management team.
We are looking for people who are passionate about retail, processes, innovation and want to be part of a team that strives to deliver quality results and add value through internal audit.
As a member of this team, you have the opportunity to play a critical role to help support Woolworths with achieving its objectives by providing assurance and advisory services to help Woolworths continuously improve its operations.
This is achieved predominantly through leading and conducting assurance engagements, supporting management in delivering the annual internal audit plan and providing coaching to team members.
We are looking for a flexible and adaptable ‘self-starter’ who has the ability to build rapport at all levels and is committed to consistently delivering work of an exceptional standard.
In this role, you will
- Evaluate processes, governance, risk and control frameworks across the organisation
- Plan, complete and report on risk-based reviews, provide accurate and insightful results to a high standard
- Coordinate and deliver simultaneous reviews in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage priorities, project timelines and the quality of delivery
- Exercise good commercial acumen and provide pragmatic audit recommendations
- Perform timely follow up of agreed management actions
- Coach and support team members to nurture talent and develop a high performing team
- Identify, recommend and support the operational improvement of Internal Audit processes and tools
- Act as an ambassador for Internal Audit, engaging with various levels of management to facilitate the achievement of IA objectives and promote Internal Audit as a trusted advisor
- Keep abreast of and share knowledge of business developments and initiatives
What you need to succeed
- Have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience (including internal audit, FMCG/retail preferred) gained from a combination of firm experience (Big 4 preferred) and commercial experience gained in a complex environment
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a Business related discipline
- Be CA/CPA/CIA qualified
- Have demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team environment
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to apply various problem-solving techniques to complex situations
- Have demonstrated building collaborative working relationships and the ability to influence change with a wide range of stakeholders
- Embrace change and be able to manage conflict and demonstrate resilience in challenging situations
What’s in it for you?
- Part-time role, 4 days per week or equivalent over 5 days
- An attractive remuneration package including the base salary + super + performance-based bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our diverse range of businesses within the Woolworths Group
- An exciting career – as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive. At Woolworths we value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce.
- Located in Bella Vista. We have great head office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafes, a metro store and exciting activities and events throughout the week
- Some great team member discounts at our Woolworths businesses
If you are passionate about working in one of Australia’s most iconic businesses and want to grow your career with us, please apply here through Beam, including a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions…
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- Why would you like to be a part of the Woolworths team?
- What is THE most important thing to you, in your next role?
Related Jobs (5)
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018