*Despite the ‘internship’ title, the role is not suited for current undergraduates or recent graduates. We are looking for 3+ years of relevant professional experience in the share market as a start.
Established in 2016, Lakehouse Capital is a boutique equities fund manager based in Sydney. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our US based global parent, The Motley Fool, founded in 1993. Lakehouse is the investment manager of two managed funds and stands out from other managers for its embracing culture and unique investment approach. We welcome you to learn more about Lakehouse Capital on our website www.lakehousecapital.com.au
The Lakehouse Capital culture is one that advocates diversity from gender through to diversity of opinion and creating an environment where all staff feel they can speak up, be heard and respected.
Our ‘Return to Work’ opportunity is designed for those seeking to transition back into the workforce. We understand you made a decision to put your career on hold some time ago to invest all your focus where it was needed most. Life happens.
We also understand you have now reached a point where entering back into the workforce fits in with your existing and future plans. This is an opportunity to refresh your skills, add to the valuable experience that never left you, and build your confidence.
You will be competitively remunerated for the role built on your previous work experience and how life in between then and now has added to what you can now bring to the workforce.
While you will be in the position for 4 months, it acts as a strong stepping stone for your next role as you will be mentored by highly experienced teams across the business. The start date is shortly after Australia Day in recognition that those returning to the workforce often need time to sort out childcare options.
Role and Responsibilities
- Researching potential investment opportunities and providing assistance in coverage of existing investments
- Working closely across the business to help support and learn from the investment, operations and distribution teams
- Join in on current projects we are running across the business
- Leverage your experience and skill sets into a fast growing business that continues to develop and implement strategy
- Ad hoc functions each of our teams rely upon to perform at a high level
What you need to bring to the table
- A keen interest and understanding of the funds management industry
- 3-plus years of relevant professional experience in the share market (despite the ‘internship’ title, the role is not suited for current undergraduates or recent graduates)
- Prior experience working in financial services
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Positive attitude
- Independent thinking
- Balancing a number of responsibilities which may be business as usual for you
- Good sense of humour
The job description reflects management’s outline of essential functions but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Stuff happens.
- Location: Sydney CBD, with some options to work from home but most work will be in the office
- Hours: Full-time (this is a 4-month internship)
- Starting date: Shortly after Australia Day 2021, in recognition that those returning to the workforce often need time to sort out childcare options.
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply ASAP. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent arrives.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of the Beam marketplace, please sign up. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions, and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!