If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
Beam is an HR Tech company with a social and economic imperative to be the catalyst for the evolution of work. We are a B Corp and social enterprise which measures our success on impact.
We are helping to create a world where everyone can participate in professional roles at all levels, regardless of your work flexibility requirements. A world where talent strategies reflect the realities of our digital world and society’s needs.
To do this, we have built a new proprietary work design platform called Beamible to support HR professionals and other leaders to design flexible teams – taking all of the learnings from our consulting practice – and placing them at the fingertips of companies across the world.
You can check out our new platform here!
About the role
We’re looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to work with our existing (& amazing!) software team who have been integral in developing our new platform Beamible.
This role will work to develop and enhance the existing features of the new platform – adding tech specs to take it to the next level.
What you’ll bring to Beam
The platform is built on industry-leading technologies in a cloud native, containerised environment with a service-oriented architecture. Backends developed using modern PHP, Golang and Node serving a GraphQL API. Consuming that API will be React web frontends and possibly React Native apps in the future.
Ideally you’re also capable in DevOps, working in containerised Docker environments from development through to production. Gitflow, Gitops, CI/CD and TDD are all terms that are second nature to you.
You are a proponent of best practices and software design patterns.
You take pride in the idea of Clean Code and SOLID principles will be second nature to you.
You are concerned with building and maintaining a reliable platform through excellent test coverage, solid operations and working in an flexible Agile team environment.
Some experience (1-2 years) in:
- PHP – Laravel (ideally), Symfony, similar
- React – CRA or Nextjs
- SQL – relational databases
- Git / Source control – Ideally gitflow
- CI/CD pipelines – building and maintaining
- TDD – automated testing
- Cloud ops – Ideally Google Cloud or AWS.
Some experience in:
- Systems architecture
- Software architecture
- Agile software teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Growth mindset
- UX and customer-focussed development
- Node / Express
- RESTful API design
- Yarn / NPM
- Webpack / Rollup
- Cloud dev-ops (logging, monitoring etc)
- Functional programming
- SOLID principles
- JWT stateless auth
What Beam will bring you
- A smart, passionate and fun team to collaborate with.
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas.
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed.
What’s the deal?
- Hours – 4- 5 days flexible
- Melbourne-based preferred (as our majority of our amazing tech team are based there!), but we welcome all remote applications (within Australia)
- Starting ASAP!
How to apply
We are pretty pumped to be welcoming a new member to our Tech team. If you’re curious about our product roadmap and vision for growth, and think you can help us achieve it in this role, we would love to hear from you.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute video telling us the following:
- Why you’re curious about joining Beam
- What you’re keen to bring to the team with your capability and experience
We can’t wait to meet you! Don’t wait until the deadline, if this is the role for you then please apply now!