Who is FIIG?
FIIG Securities (FIIG) is Australia’s largest fixed income specialist with over 7,000 investors and over $8bn of funds under advice.
FIIG offers Australian investors direct access to over 400 domestic and international Corporate Bonds, working with private clients, advisers, not-for-profit organisations and institutions to help them manage their fixed income investments.
FIIG’s Debt Capital Markets team has also raised over $2.5b for over 50 corporates through the issue of Corporate Bonds. Founded in 1998, FIIG has offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and employs over 100 staff to assist investors with access to FIIG’s expertise and fixed income investment opportunities
We put the client at the centre of everything we do. We are professional, genuine and honest. We are passionate about succeeding as ONE Team. We are solutions and future focused, finding ways to improve what we do. We are commercially focused, aspiring to deliver our best at all times.
About the FIIG team
We are a performance based and values driven organisation, who put the client at the centre. We look for people with a positive “can do” attitude, who are proactive with high energy and sense of urgency, able to work well in a fluid, fast paced environment, committed to making a difference to our clients’ success, our brand and our team. We play as one team and celebrate as one team
This role will be responsible for the development, review, investigation and application of FIIG’s regulatory and compliance controls, policies and procedures across the business in accordance with regulatory requirements and Licence obligations including the approval of any exceptions to these standards, policies and procedures and governance reporting.
This role provides in-house legal advice and services to the FIIG Group of companies, the executives and departmental managers within the regulatory and operational obligations, and projects being undertaken.
At FIIG, no two days are the same. This role presents the opportunity to become embedded in the business, working with various business units and on business development projects when the opportunity arises.
- Internal compliance / risk management – implement processes as follows:-
- Provide advice on compliance programs, structures and operations (i.e., segregation of duties, business continuity plan, policies and procedures);
- Review and approve operational exceptions to the Standard Operating Procedures (i.e., non-FIIG wholesale certificates, AML/CTF identification requirements, bank statement requirements, change of primary account contacts, change of planner or advisor, account closures);
- Manage and regulate FIIG’s functions pursuant to Insider Trading, Blacklist, Personal Account Dealings and Information Barriers Policy. This includes participation in weekly Debt Capital Market meetings, regularly reviewing the Pipeline List, liaising with the Head of Origination and maintaining wall crossing correspondence to the business;
- Investigate, review and record breaches, serious matter reporting and incidents’ in the incident/breach register, whilst advising on and reporting on the same as required;
- With regards to the Managed Income Portfolio Service, ensure there is appropriate segregation of duties, conflict of interest and specific compliance monitoring.
- Commercial agreements – critical review or drafting, negotiation and amendment of agreements concerning relationships with revenue sources / opportunities or major service provider’s agreements required within the business (i.e., confidentiality agreements, service agreements, AML agency agreements, brokerage agreements, intermediary agreements, investment management agreements, and sponsorship and marketing agreements).
- Regulatory – reviewing, monitoring and managing any implementation of relevant Regulatory amendments and changes. This includes preparing a quarterly regulatory change management report, updating systems, processes and internal and external documents or agreements across the business (i.e., FATCA, AML/CTF, FOFA, Privacy, Data Security, ad-hoc as requested by the Head of Legal and Compliance). It is expected that this role will collaborate with both FIIG’s internal departments as well as external parties (i.e., annual FATCA reporting).
- Policies and procedures – develop and review FIIG policies and operational procedures applied across FIIG’s businesses as required including taking into account the relevant regulatory provisions and amendments.
- Training – provide staff updates related to relevant regulatory changes and internal policy developments or changes (e.g., insider trading, approved product list, AML/CTF, professional development and training, advertising).
- Review, investigate, correspond and record formal complaints as required, including the development of accurate chronologies and other records as well as liaising with external dispute resolution providers as required.
- Projects – participate in the consultative process with FIIG departments for projects requiring Legal and Compliance sign-off or participation. This may include working with external legal services
- Manage processes (including approvals) relating to new product areas for FIIG’s departments such as Foreign Exchange and Funds Management.
- Product list approvals – manage the Directbond and Approved Product List approvals process. This includes the interpretation and approval of new products, reviewing and approving requests for exemptions in regards to minimum denominations and retail/wholesale classifications. The list also includes FIIG Arranged Bonds or debt capital market (DCM) transactions.
- Stakeholders management:
- Shareholders – manage shareholder transactions and registers and report on these to the Board;
- External auditor – liaise with audit as required with regards to the annual AFSL and GS007 audits;
- Regulators – liaise with Regulators and FIIG staff as required with regards to ASIC AFSL and foreign financial licence obligations as a financial service provider;
- Professional firms – be aware of external Legal research and external advice as required.
- Identify any legal developments, risks or compliance trends to continuously improve standards and controls throughout FIIG’s operations.
- Work with project teams to develop and implement new businesses within required governance standards and timeframes.
- Contribute to Legal and Compliance Board Reports, Company Secretary Reports, Shareholder and investor communications and the quarterly Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee Report.
- Promote and lead the compliance culture within FIIG by creating awareness of legal and compliance obligations, governance oversight, policy updates and training and ethical values through your actions, interactions with staff generally.
- Act decisively to identify, escalate and resolve legal risks or compliance/regulatory matters within FIIG to enhance client services, operations and execution standards and controls throughout FIIG’s.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field (i.e., business) and LLB, admitted as a solicitor (5+ yrs).
- Knowledge, understanding of or experience within financial services providers including the interpretation of the regulations and laws including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Experience in financial service or similar industry or field managing and implementing compliance and governance oversight, regulatory reviews and project management to improve existing and new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), consultation skills and people management and team work.
- Interested in working in-house and applying your sound commercial judgment.
- Ability to work and deliver outcomes autonomously or within a team to a defined schedule.
- Experience preparing management reports, updates and Board reports.
- Hours: 3, 4 or 5 day arrangements will be considered
- Location: Brisbane CBD
- Reporting to: Our Head of Legal & Compliance and Company Secretary
- Salary: $115K – $137K +including Super (Full time equivalent), depending on expertise in this field
To support our people at work we offer some great benefits including: regular team activities and events; generous recognition and referral programs; and an employee assistance scheme.
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you.