Greenroom was founded to fill a gap in the sporting landscape that represents a massive opportunity for sporting organisations and brands. We use digital strategies to help our clients capitalise on advancements in digital marketing and technology, by developing and implementing activation strategies designed to generate commercial outcomes.
We work with fantastic clients on exciting initiatives. For example, we implemented a digital amplification strategy to maximise Norfolk Island’s return on marketing investment, increasing the reach and engagement of its campaigns. This led to total website traffic being 14 times higher with web traffic referred from Facebook alone with a 2,583% increase. This shows the effectiveness of a calculated, targeted lead nurture strategy.
This is a high growth sector in which we continue to introduce new and innovative technology to ensure our clients are at the forefront of the industry with their digital presence and proactive partnership activations.
With the growth in our business, we’re looking to expand the finance function with a Management Accountant to work with our Finance Director 2-3 days a week.
We’re looking for an accounting professional who is self-motivated to hit the ground running, roll up their sleeves and help us get some complex, meaningful work done. We have operations in both Australia and the UK (and maybe other markets soon). You will report day-to-day to the Co-Founder with a dotted line to the external Finance Director and will involve regular liaison with our tax advisers. You will be supported but need to be fairly autonomous as both our Finance Director and tax accountant provide advice externally to the business. The work you’ll do will include:
- Analysing and processing transactions through Xero for all entities
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Debtor collection
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analysing financial information and summarising financial status
- Finalising financial year accounts
- Setting up finance processes and procedures
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures
- Preparing monthly finance reports including comparison and analysis to budget/ forecast
- Prepare monthly full year forecast using 3 way model methodology (will be supported
- Assist management to prepare monthly revenue forecast
- Assist management with preparation of the annual budget
- Maintain client contracts and ensure revenue is booked completely and accurately
- Spotting errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Reviewing and recommending modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Providing technical support and advice to the CFO
- Participating in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Assisting with tax compliance (GST, PAYG, Payroll tax) and all other compliance requirements for our business
Skills and experience
We’re looking for someone who combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting and pragmatic approach to supporting the business. You do not need to have experience in digital, services or the sport sector, though an interest in what we do and desire to work in the business will make you better in the role.
Key areas of experience we’re looking for include:
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year- end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Xero experience is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage workloads autonomously
- A fast learner with a confident approach to navigating new systems and software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to ask questions and clarify details
- A real interest in what quality data can do for an organisation and its ability to make good decisions
- Agency experience or experience working in a services business along with Xero is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Relevant certification (e.g. CA or CPA) preferred but not required
- 2-3 days
- Permanent part-time role
- Base salary: FTE of 80k – 90k including Super, depending on experience
- Starting: as soon as you’re ready
- Location: South Melbourne
Invitation to apply
If you’re really excited about this opportunity and would love to be part of the Greenroom team, please apply here through Beam as soon as you can, with your cover letter including a response to these three questions:
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- What makes you an excellent management accountant?
- Why do you want to join the Greenroom team?
Thank you for considering this opportunity and being an important part of our growth story!
Related Jobs (3)
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018