GreenSlate is a growing boutique accounting, tax and CFO advisory practice that brings a fresh approach to business accounting. We work with young, growing small businesses to look after their finance functions. We are passionate about helping our clients make informed decisions, whether that be basic tax guidance with a new start-up business to strategic ongoing CFO analysis. Embracing technology to provide the best, new-age experience for our clients is very important to us. We use systems and processes that stand us apart from traditional accounting firms. If you’re intrigued, you can see here.
Due to increasing demand and referrals from existing customers, we are growing and are looking for someone to join us to manage the tax and compliance area of our business. You’ll manage our client relationships for this side of our work, and manage a small team of accountants in the Philippines. You’ll be responsible for the quality of advice we provide, and for upskilling and motivating the team. You’ll work closely with Founders Justin and Joel, who will manage the CFO advisory.
A core part of managing the tax and compliance part of our business will be managing people. You’ll have a small team in the Philippines whose engagement, development and performance you’ll manage. You’ll review their work and provide coaching for upskilling.
You’ll also be hands-on with clients, liaising with them with queries and questions and meeting with them occasionally. This is a small business, so it’s hands-on! But you won’t necessarily be doing the detailed accounting and tax work yourself, but rather will delegate the detail.
Depending on the work you like to do, there’s an opportunity for you to help build the business by building new client relationships as well.
What we’d love to see from you
And what we’d love to see from you:
- Passion for helping small businesses
- Desire to manage, train and grow your own team
- Interest in using technology to improve the way we work
- Confidence to do things differently
We’re looking for someone who combines excellent technical knowledge with a love of managing a team and client relationships. You’ll take a proactive and pragmatic approach to supporting small, growing businesses. Specifically, we will value experience in:
- 6+ years’ professional experience
- Supervising / managing a team (a small team is fine), reviewing their work, delegating work, reviewing technical tax compliance for businesses and their surrounding family groups (company tax, income tax, GST, payroll and payroll taxes etc)
- Strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- A curious mind and problem-solving abilities
- Integrity, patience, and common sense
- Managing client relationships
- Working with Xero & ideally Xero Practice Manager
- Working with technology for accounting and business to help us with continuous process improvements – we’re always looking at ways to make our clients’ (and our!) lives easier
- Ideally someone who is friendly, outgoing, adaptable to different client types (i.e. we work with startups, tech nerds, plumbers, construction and everything in between)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Relevant certification (e.g. CA or CPA) required
- Part-time: 3 days a week or the equivalent over 4-5
- Salary: FTE $90k-$110k package including super, depending on what you bring to the role
- We can offer commissions of up to 20% of new revenue from introductions that lead to new clients, if you gravitate towards the business building opportunity
- Location: Melbourne CBD at 120 Spencer is across the road from Southern Cross Train Station, so it could suit candidates living in Geelong wanting flexibility (i.e. coming into Melbourne on the V-Line). We’re very mobile, being cloud-based. So you can plug in from anywhere.
- Starting: ideally before mid-August
Please apply here through Beam if this looks like a role and work environment you’d love. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions:
- Why would you like to be a part of the Greenslate story?
- What makes you an excellent accountant or manager?
- What is one thing you would change about the accounting industry if you could?
We can’t wait to meet you!