Chapman Eastway is a professional services, business and family advisory practice. We are proud of our rich 120-year history, our dynamic culture and our wonderful High Net Worth clients whose relationships we value highly.
We are a team of 30 people, including 5 partners and growing. We are nimble in how we approach things which lends itself to part-time flexible work!
We are looking for excellent people to join our team. And we are big on flexibility! We are innovative when it comes to our people practices and go to great lengths to ensure our team are happy, love their work and the way they work.
We have a flat structure, where our teams works across partners. Our systems and processes are quite bespoke, as our services require analytical thinking and to be flexible in our approach.
We are accredited as an employer of choice with STEP (society of trust and estate practitioners), due to the learning and development and mentoring support we provide (one of only a few in Australia).
We are focused on social responsibility initiatives and have a public ancillary fund. Many of our clients are philanthropically focused.
This is a new role, created in order to accommodate other part-time flexible working arrangements in the leadership team and to allow for future growth. We have designed this role to provide a great, meaty part-time opportunity.
We are looking for a manager-level accountant who can manage a client portfolio independently, is CA qualified and is interested in client liaison as well as project work like managing special project and advisory related engagements.
• Onboarding new client groups
• Client Advisory Assignments including client interactions to review their affairs, estate planning, succession planning, asset protection, inter-generational wealth transfer, business profit improvement strategies, business and family budgeting and cash flow, group entity restructuring, asset acquisition or exit advisory, and tax advisory.
• Managing the team’s performance as a coach and manager
• Overseeing Taxation / Compliance Work and preparing papers / statements when capacity requires, including tax returns for individuals and businesses, financial statements, BAS/IAS’s, FBT returns, attending to queries and reviewing the final work done by the team
• Putting our clients first always!
Skills and experience
• Very strong communication skills
• Deep experience providing advice to High Net Worth Individuals / Private Clients
• Strong tax skills as there is often a tax overlay
• Team management and collaboration
• Experience managing your own client book
• CA qualified with 8+ yrs experience
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• The ability to be agile and manage workflows (work across partners)
• The desire and ability to operate very autonomously
• Strong analytical and problems solving skills
• Role – Permanent Part-Time. We are flexible on days! 4 days or 5 days school hours / otherwise reduced hours
• Salary – Between $120k-$160k including Super Full Time Equivalent, depending on experience
• Location – Sydney CBD
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
We will be looking to get in touch about the role in the last half of January.
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.