Born from the Sydney Community Foundation’s successful place-based program, Be Kind Sydney is a DGR1 charity that achieves its purpose by developing, supporting and partnering with others to provide place based programs and services to those in need in NSW.
Our charitable purpose is to relieve poverty, suffering and misfortune of people in need in New South Wales. As a subsidiary of Sydney Community Foundation we share the foundation’s purpose of building stronger communities. Be Kind Sydney focuses on funding programs to support the path to independence and safety for the most vulnerable women and communities in Greater Sydney.
The purpose of this role is to manage the finance, compliance and IT for Sydney Community Foundation and Be Kind Sydney, to deliver Goal 4 of the Be Kind Sydney Strategic Plan 2018 – 2020, which is to be a sustainable, prosperous and commercially sound organisation.
This includes administration of funds and preparation of all reports on funds and on operations. Reporting to the CEO and to the Boards of SCF & Be Kind Sydney.
Responsibilities and requirements
- On time and accurate Preparation of Management and Financial Reports
- Monthly and end of year reports for SCF
- Monthly and end of year Reports for BKS
- Other reports as required by the CEO & Boards including annual budgets
- Management of Compliance
Oversight of funding and granting process
- Audit preparation and assistance to external auditors
- Management and oversight of Tax & Super liabilities and Staff Benefit Cards
- ATO, Workcover, Fringe Benefits Tax and other returns
- Management of Investment Funds and transition to new Investment advisors
- Support to the CEO
- Support to the Chair and Board
- Invoice preparation and distribution
- Invoice entry
- Customer debt follow up
- Liaison with sales and admin team
- Customer/ Donor statement preparation and distribution
- Supplier invoice entry
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Electronic payment preparation
- Remittance distribution
- Supplier contact and liaison
- Filing and retrieval of documents
- Banking and Payroll Process
- Update master file for new or changed employee details
- Electronic payment preparation
- Payroll reporting
- Distribution of Pay advice
- Superannuation compliance
- PAYG compliance
- Payroll Tax Compliance
- Managing Leave Register
- Oversight and system for funding charities
Compliance Management (15%)
- Assistance and support with the annual external audit
- Payments to ATO, Worker’s Compensation
- Charity Licences
- Sub fund compliance
- 4% community Foundation distribution requirement
- ASIC, ACNC, ATO compliance
Management of IT (15%)
Integration of database, Xero and Paypal for both be Kind Sydney & SCF. Oversight of the CRM.
Governance and risk (10%)
- Prepare Finance papers for the Be Kind Sydney & SCF Board committee meetings
- Present financial reports to the board as required.
- Improve and streamline internal processes around all finance, risk and governance matters
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and followed
What’s the deal?
- Hours: 2 days or equivalent across the week
- Salary: $87,500 – $100,000 full-time equivalent including Super ($35-$40k for 2 days)
- Charitable organisation benefits
- Role: Permanent part-time
- Location: Paddington, Sydney
How to apply
If this is the role for you then sign up to Beam so you can apply asap!
Applying is easy — answer three questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.