EY’s financial services practice is seeking the partners and directors of tomorrow. If you’re a high energy professional wanting to be part of something bigger, seeking to accelerate your career and learn first-hand from some of the industry’s most seasoned practitioners – we’d appreciate a confidential conversation with you.
We wish to attract, invest in and reward self-starters who’ll drive their own career while sharing the journey with others.
Our specialist practice is a trusted board and management adviser to Australia’s largest organisations. For over 15 years our dedicated team has been providing strategic and regulatory solutions on the most significant and sensitive matters in the Australian market. We’ve served as an Independent Expert on a range of ‘front page’ matters and overseen the repayment of over $1 billion dollars in compensation to wronged customers.
Who are FSO?
EY are the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective to a range of high profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across our service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including wealth and asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager or above, you’ll play a pivotal role in our conduct and controls team. You’ll have the day-to-day support of our partners and directors as well as being instrumental to our in-field operations. We’ll give you the platform to professionally flourish as you:
- Lead and develop our committed, capable and fun team
- Build trusted relationships with senior financial services executive, their regulators and advisers
- Refine your sense of inquiry on some of the market’s most complex and high-profile matters
- Perfect your communication skills when distilling complex investigations and remediations for an executive audience
- Take a sense of pride that your work is playing a key role in keeping our communities safe and ensuring that misconduct is prevented
- Embrace the value of a diverse workplace and our collective capability that we believe sets us apart
- Appreciate the importance of discretion in protecting the market sensitive information you’ll be privy to.
Skills and attributes for success
- University bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years financial services or professional services experiences
- Experience managing talented professionals
- A methodical problem solver with a pragmatic outlook and demonstrable commercial acumen
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A sense of enquiry and professional scepticism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong emotional intelligence
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges (https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks.
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer (https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
Sign up to Beam so you can apply for the role.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.