Snack like you mean it.
PURABON started as a state of mind. It started with that little switch that happens in so many peoples’ lives where they realise that suddenly, they care about how they treat their bodies.
Founder Nicole O’Brien has always led a healthy lifestyle. But it wasn’t until she married and had children of her own that she realised how fulfilling it can be to share that lifestyle with the people around her. So, she set the Kitchenaid to full-throttle and started making batches of her own protein and probiotic balls to change her household snack game. Fast forward a few months, throw in meticulous ingredient mixing, recipe planning, and the ultimate taste test – family and friends. They came, they ate, they loved … and Nicole knew she was onto something.
She describes PURABON as a health company—not simply high-quality foods, but a culture that can build a new lifestyle. That feeling Nicole got from sharing her creations has always stayed with her. To her, it’s about making her snacks get to the mouths of everyone. Because once they have it, they’ll love it.
And when she says everyone, she means it. PURABON is now stocked in every city in Australia, and has spanned globally to Japan, Norway, and Singapore.
For Nicole it was never about luck or coincidence to create the perfect product— no corners were ever cut. It’s about sourcing the best matcha, the best peanuts, the best sulphate-free apricots … and the best of the rest. It’s the ultimate passion for all-natural goodness to fuel a healthy lifestyle.
Every step she’s taken has been taken with a purpose. PURABON is here not just to reshape the way we snack, but to reshape the way we think about our lives.
We’re a small team of what will be 5 people when you join. We’re growing quickly, so we need the best minds to help us grow, and people who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and being part of a small business that gets things done.
What’s the role?
We are taking PURABON to the next level. The goal of this role is to take the PURABON story to the world – to more stores and more happy customers.
It is really important that you believe in our purpose – that you can relate to our products and why people love it.
We are looking for an experienced marketing specialist who can take the lead with all things marketing for the PURABON brand. Reporting to Nicole, the candidate will be experienced in and responsible for implementation of the brand strategy and marketing plan, which include annual and quarterly events designed to bring awareness to the brand and launch new products.
We sell through premium food retailers, cafes and direct to consumer, online.
We have a strong growth plan over the next 18 months. Our marketing strategy and brand plan has been mapped out with primary goals of increasing awareness, driving web traffic and sales, and building a strong customer base to regularly engage with.
The outline of a content plan has been established for you to develop content against, for EDM campaigns, social media and brand blog.
As a key member of a small team, weekly reports of progress and ROI are essential to the owners and the ability to think big picture while also being hands on is a key requirement.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Execution of the marketing plan
- Developing, implementing, tracking and optimising digital campaigns
- Organising small and large domestic and international events – b2c and b2b
- Overseeing copy and posts for social media and blogs for our website
- Managing EDM communications end to end, from copy to design and delivery via Mailchimp
- Contacting magazine editors
- Liaising with influencers
- Liaising with design companies
- Organising giveaways for charity events
- Relationship building with store partners
- Managing the marketing budget and providing insights to Nicole on what’s working and what’s not
What skills and experience will you need to be great at this role?
- Strong B2C marketing experience, with the ability to grow reach
- Experience organising events
- Experience in social media marketing, including Instagram
- Experience with email, social media and preferably also display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and executing digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Adaptability! As a small business, we need you to wear many hats and to embrace opportunities as they present themselves. Things can change quickly so it’s important you thrive in that type of environment
- We need you to take initiative and make suggestions for how we can improve. You’re a key part of the business
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and re-prioritise quickly
- Strong attention to detail – this is really important
- Problem-solving skills and a creative mind
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment but equally able to use initiate and create work in the quiet times
- Able to work autonomously as well as being able to work as part of a team
What’s the deal?
- Part-time – 2-3 days or equivalent across the week
- Salary – $80-120k including Super, full time equivalent, depending on experience (we are open to a range of experience in this role)
- Location – Mount Waverley, Melbourne, in the office
- Starting – when you’re ready
Please apply here through Beam if this looks like an opportunity and work environment you’d love. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions:
- What makes you an excellent Marketer?
- Why do you think this role is so important to PURABON?
- Why do you want to join PURABON?
We can’t wait to meet you!
Related Jobs (4)
Marketing Manager | Melbourne | Part time 1 day/week on March 18, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Digital Optimisation Lead | Sydney | Part-time: 16 hours/week on February 22, 2019 Permanent Part Time