Think+DO Tank Foundation collaborates with low-income and marginalised, urban communities in NSW, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse women and children. Together, we develop a shared way of doing things, designing projects that have a demonstrated and lasting impact.
Our evidence-based, replicable approaches improve social cohesion; reduce isolation; strengthen community capacity; and foster equity. By using the arts, imagination and creativity to approach communities we shift the realms of possibility while we simultaneously address the pragmatic challenges of disadvantage that stand in the way of change.
Art asks us to examine our humanity, to amplify the threads that connect us and diminish those that divide us through geography, language and politics. Art starts conversations, holds and celebrates diverse points of view and asks each of us to imagine, and to create a world that does not yet exist. How can we create change if we don’t have the imagination to design a different world for ourselves?
The Think+DO Tank Foundation amplifies the stories of people and their places, in their own languages and in English. We explore how arts-based approaches can shift systems that reinforce poverty. By creating space for artistic self-expression in the languages spoken in the communities around us each of us can take an equal place in making new Australian stories and imagining new possibilities, together.
- strengthens engagement and participation in; and support for our work;
- maintains and develops systems for high quality and targeted communications;
- grows self-generated revenues by winning market share and creating new markets; and
- increases the recognition of Think+DO Tank Foundation as a thought leader.
Use your MarComms talents to do good! This is a unique opportunity for an outstanding and persistent marketing and communications professional as we grow. Share your passion and expertise to strengthen our profits for purpose and lasting social change.
You can find out more about us by watching this short video about one of our projects: Link to video
The successful applicant is an experienced MarComms practitioner, capable of:
- communicating Think+DO Tank Foundation’s purpose and impact to attract partners, funding and support; and
- developing, delivering and analysing powerful campaigns to grow brand recognition, audience engagement, markets and sales; and
- leading data analysis to improve and evaluate marketing and communications performance and outcomes; and
- managing Think+DO Tank Foundation’s customer relationship management systems, brands and brand assets; media liaison; and social media; and
- collaborating with Foundation colleagues and external collaborators and partners alike.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record over at least five years of professional accomplishments that demonstrate these capabilities:
- Campaigns: you can conceive, develop, and implement creative and effective digital and offline MarComms campaigns with measurable impacts
- Creative Direction: you are a skilled creative director, able to brief creative collaborators, contribute to creative concepts and their realisation
- Negotiation: you are an effective and sensitive negotiator
- Leadership: you can inspire and manage a team of colleagues to achieve results
- Project Management: you know how to project manage, and engender productive collaboration to drive engagement, brand knowledge, and conversion to sales
- Analysis + Strategy: you can analyse data to understand and optimise performance, and produce
reports and strategic recommendations
- Communication + Persuasion Skills: you can communicate persuasively with diverse stakeholders including leads, team members, media, partners, funders, and the Board.
- Experience of working with culturally and linguistically diverse audiences.
- Experience of working in the arts.
- Package: $82,125 full time equivalent annual package
- Hours: 32 hours per week (equivalent of 4 days). We offer flexible working arrangements.
- Location: Fairfield, Sydney + your place. Parts of the role can be performed from home, subject to the needs of the business.
- Professional Development: Personal budget allocated annually.
- Other benefits: – flexible leave/time in lieu, support for cost of working from home, salary sacrifice (conditions apply), project/creative leave and a strong commitment to professional development, mentoring and growth
- All staff at Think+DO Tank Foundation are required to hold Working with Children and police checks, and to participate in induction and training sessions to ensure our work generates welcome, inclusive, safe and creative community environments for all.
- You must hold a current First Aid Certificate; and an unrestricted, current driver’s licence.
This role is subject to a probation period of four months, and annual performance reviews.
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV (no more than 3 A4 pages), answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video introducing yourself and answering this question: “I am the right person to lead marketing and communications for Think+DO Tank Foundation because….”.
We look forward to meeting you!