The Funding Network Australia (TFN) brings people together to find, fund and support grassroots social change programs that directly help people in need. Our big-hearted community has enabled us to facilitate more than $12 million for more than 280 grassroots organisations addressing some of the most pressing challenges of our time. And we’ve simultaneously introduced thousands of people to the joy of giving through our fun and engaging events that demonstrate what we can do together.
Our Vision: A more equitable society and a social sector that has access to the connections and resources it needs to thrive.
Our Purpose: To build the capacity of grassroots non-profit organisations by helping to democratise giving and facilitating greater community engagement.
Our small, dynamic team is passionate about building the capacity of the non-profit sector and deepening the culture of giving in Australia. We are looking for a purpose-driven storyteller with strong communications and marketing skills to join us on a 12-month contract (parental leave cover) in our CBD office as our Marketing & Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is an exciting, creative role at the heart of TFN, delivering creative programs and activities that inspire giving, encourage connection and deepen community engagement. Reporting to the General Manager and supporting the entire organisation, you will be responsible for raising TFN’s profile, building brand awareness and bolstering our fundraising and business development efforts. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love using your skills and experience to do everything from strategy to execution, then this is the role for you. You’ll work side-by-side with our Sydney and Melbourne teams to support every aspect of our organisation, ensuring consistency of voice across all channels and audiences. From strategy and planning to day-to-day tactical implementation, you’ll use your strong storytelling skills to promote TFN and the grassroots organisations we find, fund and support. Email marketing campaigns, content marketing, social media, event promotion and media relations are just some of the things you’ll be responsible for delivering.
- Lead and implement TFN’s marketing strategy to drive brand awareness and business growth, ensuring we we deliver on our strategic growth goals.
- Manage the delivery of all communications for our schedule of public and white-label live crowdfunding events to stakeholders including non-profits and donors, through our own website, social media, email marketing, partnerships, digital media and PR to drive attendance and awareness.
- Collaborate with, and support communications managers from our non-profit, corporate, foundation partners and clients, to develop event materials and maximise all promotional opportunities.
- Work with our NFP Partnerships Manager to deliver a quarterly Alumni bulletin to provide increased opportunities for our Alumni to engage, upskill and build their network.
- Develop community engagement strategies to maintain strong relationships with our non-profit partners.
- Edit and send regular impact reports to donors to inform them of how their funds have benefited the charities they’ve supported via TFN.
Thought leadership & PR
- Position TFN as a thought-leader in grassroots social innovation and new forms of giving by securing regular speaking engagements and media placements.
- Develop and distribute original content that builds TFN’s brand awareness.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with mainstream and sector media on behalf of TFN.
- Develop marketing materials, including Annual Reviews, key messaging documents, quarterly bulletins, media releases, case studies, event invitations, impact reports and other materials as required.
- Manage relationships with key partners, clients, suppliers and service providers/agencies to promote TFN events and drive attendance numbers
- Edit short videos and develop engaging primary content. Undertake basic image manipulation and simple video editing.
- Oversee all day-to-day digital communications, including managing our website CMS, Campaign Monitor, social spend and Google Adwords account.
- Design and develop an engaging digital content plan for all earned and owned channels and regularly publish across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram, via Hootsuite.
- Manage the annual marketing budget
- Manage the collection, analysis and interpretation of data in Campaign Monitor and Salesforce to develop future engagement tactics
- Oversee the integration of Campaign Monitor with Salesforce
- To support event delivery some evening work is required
CAPABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years in marketing communications (agency or client side)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience pitching to and managing strong journalist relationships
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Mid-size budget and project management
- SEO & SEM (Google Ads)
- Photography and basic video recording
- Confident experience using the following technology platforms:
- Google for Work and Microsoft 365
- Salesforce, HubSpot or other digital CRM systems
- Social media (FB, Instagram, TW, YT, LI) and Hootsuite
- Campaign Monitor or other Email Marketing software
- Photo and video editing capabilities (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Canva)
- Basic website CMS (eg. Squarespace, Wix, WordPress)
- Location: Sydney CBD (we office inside a larger organisation)
- Days/Hours: 4-5 days week – tell us what works for you (we all work from home on Fridays)
- Duration: 12 months (parental leave cover)
- Start: 10 March
- Salary: $90,000 (including Super) FTE plus optional PBI salary packaging
Note: as a non-profit, TFN can offer salary sacrifice, which can lower your taxable income and increases your take home pay by approx 11 percent
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply ASAP. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
This job is growing two trees for koalas. Post a role before the end of February to help grow two more!