The TOM Co
The TOM Co is a female founded and owned Australian business that exists to create a positive impact across personal and baby care. Encompassing the brands TOM Organic and tooshies by TOM, we are driven by the vision that women & families should never have to compromise their wellbeing or the health of the planet with the products they buy. Here at TOM we believe it’s the small choices that we make every day, that make the big impact.
As part of a growing and dynamic company, we offer the opportunity to join an incredibly passionate team of hardworking people who care about the products we are putting into the world. We care about our people and we know that if you’re happy then you’re likely performing at your best, so we offer flexibility for every member of our team and have meaningful incentives in place to help maximise your time at work.
You can find out more about TOM at www.thetomco.com
Company approach and benefits – yes we do things differently.
- Genuine flexible working environment with core business hours of 10am-3pm
- Generous product allowance
- Regular complimentary lunch & learn sessions with well known leaders in the health and wellness space
- Additional annual leave over Christmas & New Year
- Additional day of leave for your birthday
- Complimentary access to the Calm meditation app
Background to role.
We’re looking for a passionate and driven marketing Director to join us on a maternity leave contract. This role is key to the business and is responsible for driving strategic direction and execution of all brand and marketing functions across the TOM Organic and tooshies by TOM brands. We work with many of the major Australian retailers including Coles and Woolworths, so the pace is fast, the growth is exciting and there is always a challenge to be resolved. We’re seeking someone who can translate vision and ideas into disruptive and impactful activity through all channels. You will work to execute through a talented team in brand, content, digital and retail, and manage multiple partnerships to deliver the marketing strategy and plan. You will be a critical link in the director team, bringing everything together for new product, campaigns, customer experience efforts across Australia and emerging international markets.
What You’ll Do
- Strategic brand plans – TOM & tooshies, including strategic direction on brand direction & aspirations connected to commercial goals.
- Lead consumer insights to ensure we are tracking marketing success and tweaking plans based on behavioural or shopper trends.
- Brief team and any agency partners on key campaign activity and project manage across functional managers.
- Work closely with team to ensure all campaign & always on activity is executed on-time, on-brand and within budget.
- Lead & coach marketing team of 5 (with 3 direct reports), including professional development, KPIs & day-to-day support.
- Represent marketing at Leadership Team level.
- Budget creation and management
- Take briefs from Online, Product and Export leads and feed down to team as required, including NPD, Retailer Meetings etc.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a high energy, experienced Marketing Director who has the right mindset on our brand – a business doing good and going against the grain. We would ideally love you to have experience in online/FMCG, so you can come in and hit the ground running.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a brand or marketing senior leadership role.
- Strong commercial mindset and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator, negotiator and influencer at all levels of the business
- Strategic thinker who can contribute to continual improvement of the business
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once with effective prioritisation and attention to detail
- Genuine love of the TOM brands and products and commitment to bringing this to life in a customer facing role
- Passion for female health, female empowerment and the environment
Please apply here through Beam answering our three questions. We’d love you to introduce yourself by video too if you could please take a minute to do that as well 🙂