At Artisan at Home, we teach craft in a beautiful coastal setting to kids and adults. We are looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager who’ll be working directly with the Chief Crafty Lady to grow our business.
I’m Phi, the Founder of Artisan at Home and I am a child from the 80’s who survived! One of my heroes was Macgyver! I loved how he could make ordinary things into amazing creative feats of ingenuity. At Artisan at Home, we aren’t trying to breaking out of a room, but with a few tools, a few techniques and a whole lot of love we make cool crafty homewares and objects!
At Artisan at Home, we are passionate about providing a wonderful place to foster creativity and the senses, for adults and children alike. I think it is important to enliven all our senses. The sense of touch doesn’t get a look in for most modern jobs! And in our fast-paced world we can lose the beauty of making our own things, with a few skills you can make it personal and memorable.
The Artisan at Home workshop is located at a beautiful property where we love hosting our workshop guests and looking after people so they feel nurtured.
I look forward to finding the right person to grow this new business into its potential.
Specifically, we are looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager to work flexibly and part-time. The initial planning phase will likely be different than the ongoing.
– Develop a Sales & Marketing plan for a start-up business that aims to understand and maximise return on marketing spend.
– Update marketing plan as required to refocus target market based on learnings.
– Take complete ownership of the sales & marketing functions of the business in consultation with the Chief Crafty Lady.
– Run campaigns for school holidays and term programs, from concept to execution.
– Propose budgets to the Co-Owner (overseeing Finance) who will approve marketing spend.
– Identify and pursue niche channels to drive leads and bookings for classes.
– Manage the social media for the business (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) including posts and advertising / promotions / campaigns, and community management.
– In consultation with CCL, liaise with graphic designer / photography for the creation of new content for social media, website, print advertising etc.
– Write persuasive copy for the website and booking site (weteachme).
– Manage email lists and send out emails as per marketing plan.
– Marketing planning and execution experience
– Experience working in or exposure to a small business
– Start-up / building a new product / service preferred
– Events / education sector experience highly desirable
– Demonstrated practical social media marketing experience
• Hours: 10 hours per week ongoing, with the first month being 20-25 hours per week (some flexibility on hours, let’s discuss it!)
• Contract: Fixed-term contract – 12 months (Independent Contractor preferred)
• Location: Virtual, except for weekly meeting in Maroubra. Possibility to work from Maroubra workshop if that is desired
• Hourly rate: $50/hour
• Start date: 29th May
• Submission deadline: 24th May
• Perks: At-cost workshops for yourself and immediate family!
The culture fit is really important for us, we are passionate about growing a wonderful and warm-hearted business which provides a sanctuary of creativity for our crafters. If you believe you’re a great fit for us, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply here through Beam. Looking forward to meeting you!