CEDA – the Committee for Economic Development of Australia – is an independent, not-for-profit member-based think tank that works to champion ideas, research and policy reform. We do this by identifying policy issues that matter for Australia’s future and pursuing solutions to positively shape economic and social development in Australia.
CEDA’s membership spans every state and territory and includes more than 780 of Australia’s leading businesses, community organisations, government departments and academic institutions. The organisation was founded in 1960 by leading economist Sir Douglas Copland, and his legacy of applying economic analysis to practical problems to aid the development of Australia continues as we celebrate 60 years of influence, reform and impact across the nation.
CEDA is a national organisation with offices in every state. We offer flexible working conditions, a strong commitment to training and development and an additional week of leave at year end.
We are committed to demonstrating our values across all areas of our business:
- We are open, honest and trusted
- We are curious about ideas and opportunities
- We succeed together
- We are brave in our approach and ambitions
- We are passionate about working with our members for the greater good
We are seeking a Membership Administrator to join our CBD based Sydney team for a part-time 14 month maternity contract. The role is 3 days per week, with flexibility for both days and hours of work.
An energetic and passionate person, you will be responsible for all aspects of Membership administration for NSW / ACT based memberships and CRM record management for current and prospect members. (experience with IMIS & HubSpot an advantage). In addition, you will support new member prospecting (desktop, phone and face-to-face) to grow CEDA’s membership base and enhance existing member relationships through the provision of timely and accurate membership information. Working closely with the Membership Advisor, the role requires a balance of skills to ensure accurate membership records maintenance and a sales orientated mindset to drive growth.
- Key contact for all members billing, renewal and invoicing.
- Conduct desktop research to source new members, conduct prospect phone meetings to screen viable new members, and draft background briefs for face to face prospect meetings
- Send prospect proposals, maintains prospect records via CEDA local and national systems.
- Database management & maintenance of Member and non-Member and updating member information in the CRM (iMIS) ) system.
- Schedule and attend member meetings with State Director, Associate Director and Membership Advisor as required.
- Brief and onboard senior leaders within member firms as required via phone or face to face meetings
- Update meeting notes/post meeting follow up in iMIS, email and HubSpot.
- Prepare all weekly Engagement Reports following team meeting.
- Participate in national collegiate forums and contribute to colleagues’ development and success
- Reflect CEDA’s Values in all actions – trusted, curious, succeed together, brave, passionate
Required qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Ideally degree qualified
- 2 years’ minimum work experience in administration role (e.g. EA, office manager, database manager)
- 2 years’ minimum experience in a membership/sales/customer facing role, including call centres or the not for profit sector – customer service skills are a must
- Advanced CRM skills and experience are essential (iMIS and Hubspot experience an advantage)
- Highly developed organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to set priorities and timelines to achieve task deadlines
- High attention to detail
- IT competencies: including Microsoft office suite and CRM programs
- Ability to work as part of a team valuing collegiate effort
- Customer service focus (internal and external).
- Interest in, and identification with, purpose of CEDA
- Part-time: 3 days / week – flexible on days and hours so let’s chat about what works best for you
- Salary: $55,000 FTE (including Super)
- Contract: 14 months maternity cover
- Location: Sydney CBD
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you.