About Community Early Learning Australia (CELA)
CELA is the peak body for Australia’s early childhood education sector.
We exist because we believe all children deserve quality early education and care – it underpins Australia’s future.
We amplify the value of quality early education and care for all Australian children to deliver positive community impact through advocacy, resources, professional learning, and member support.
Our Point of Difference:
The combination of our deeply knowledgeable team of experts and their commitment to continuously connect with, understand, and advocate for the needs of our members, enables CELA to support members to deliver the highest quality levels of early childhood education.
CELA seeks a creative and entrepreneurial part-time Manager to lead the Membership & CRM activities within the organisation. This is a new position for CELA and is ideal for a candidate with at least three years of CRM management experience, ideally working with a membership base, in either for-profit or not-for-profit organisations. The position requires a candidate who is excited about working in a highly dynamic environment where adapting quickly to a changing environment is key. This position is well suited to a mission-driven, high energy and highly productive professional with good judgment. Ideal candidates should be intellectually curious with strong analytical skills.
The Membership & CRM Manager will work closely with CELA’s small team as a critical leader in advancing CELA’s mission of providing quality early education and care for all Australian children, by supporting its members.
- Lead all activities relating to the acquisition, nurturing and retention of Member
- Develop strategies in partnership with the Marketing Manager and other key functions to promote and grow CELA’s member community
- Be the owner of the ‘member experience’ and ‘user journey’ across all mediums – from website, to phone, to email, to in-person
- Lead day-to-day management of member-relation protocols and their ongoing refinement
- Actively engage peers in activities in other areas – especially Learning & Development and Consulting – to ensure that opportunities to upsell and cross-sell CELA membership is not missed and always top of mind
- Develop and create engaging marketing materials, in partnership with the Marketing Manager if required, to help peers deliver cross-sells and upsells to Membership
- Input into the development of website content, particularly for the Membership section, ensuring that content delivers high engagement and value for existing and prospective members
- Respond to member email enquiries and facilitate information sharing that will provide value to members and contribute to acquisition and retention
- Develop a deep understanding of member problems and challenges and be prepared to address them with solutions, in order to create an optimal high-value member experience
- Liaise with the CEO on the development of new membership engagement programs
- Oversee content of member focused communication, ensuring adequate segmentation of messaging to ensure each persona is communicated to with relevant and compelling content
- Ensure database is up to date, complete and well-segmented to enable segmented analysis and communications
- Develop email newsletters, pulling content from peers as required, and ensure the right frequency to maintain engagement
- Deliver monthly reports on six key metrics relating to Members – rate of Acquisition, rate of Retention, Churn rate, Member Lifetime Value, Cost per Acquisition, Advocacy
- Ensure all systems (Google Analytics, CRM system, email system, social media platforms, etc.) are optimally integrated to ensure the best data can be extracted and turned into actions for acquisition and retention
- Actively analyse data and convert into tactical initiatives to be delivered for acquisition and retention – partner with peers where required to ensure that efforts are coordinated
- Share data with all peers to ensure they understand member behaviours and needs, and to deliver a cohesive approach across all areas to deliver best results
- Make product recommendations in terms of programs and platforms and manage key vendor relationships
- Develop weekly/monthly/annual calendars that enable continuous and consistent delivery of communications – and that also enable testing, learning, and continuous fine-tuning to maximise members’ lifetime value
- Share calendars with peers in a timely manner to source content from subject matter experts
- Manage all customer and member engagement across the organisation including L&D and membership
- Bachelor’s Degree (in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration or any other related field)
- Three years of CRM management experience
- Experience working in a small entrepreneurial organisation
- Demonstrated experience driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of growing programs (customer or member acquisition)
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with digital CRM, email and membership management platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to create strong and long-lasting relationships, particularly in facilitating cross-functional interactions
- Strong customer/stakeholder-centricity – the ability to put members first in the delivery of activities
Experience working with membership base
Location – Sydney CBD / Inner West
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours : 3 days (24 hours)
Start : ASAP
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent arrives.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!