Fitness Passport is an aggregator of corporate fitness services, operating between large public sector, corporate employers and the fitness industry. It is the largest business operating in this sector in Australia. Fitness Passport was established in 2006, and now has more than 250,000 members accessing over 1,500 facilities across Australia.
The business currently employs 28 staff on a direct basis with further member support services via an outsourcing arrangement based in the Philippines. There is a Sydney-based office.
Fitness Passport is seeking to appoint a National Network Development Manager to further grow the business. The business has a clearly defined growth strategy, and demonstrated consistent success in delivering upon the growth strategy with strong goal alignment across the whole team.
This is a pivotal role in the business, as the sales negotiation and management of key suppliers and channel partners, being the gym facility providers, are key drivers of success for the business.
This role will involve extensive travel both domestically and to New Zealand once borders have opened.
- Lead, within delegated authorities, sales negotiations and initiatives with 3rd party gym facility providers.
- Develop profitable new employer programs, tailored to employee preferences, within the required timeline.
- Maintain positive supplier/channel relationships with gym facility providers at an operational level to ensure ongoing high availability of a quality product offering.
- Responsibility, with the support of the General Manager, Network Development, for the commercial management of gym facility providers to ensure value in the relationship with Fitness Passport and their long-term commitment to the program.
- Communicate on behalf of the business to the gym facility network.
- Keep the business informed of the status of the gym facility network.
- Identify opportunities for growth within the existing gym network.
- Identify risk with regards to the gym supplier network.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Reviewing gym facility availability and capacity, and undertaking research to identify additional facility requirements and quality product offering to meet sales growth objectives.
- Provide updates to senior management to gym movement or changes in market.
- Initiate, develop and maintain profitable programs / agreements with gym facility providers.
External Relationship Management
- External and nurture gym supplier relationships to ensure ongoing high availability of a quality product offering.
- Act as a point of liaison and manage external relationships with gym partners.
- Enhance the product offering with key gym facilities to drive member visitation.
- Create and maintain an environment which exemplifies the values of business – trust, respect, integrity, teamwork and reliability.
- Commitment to maintain accurate data in the Fitness Passport management system in relation to all aspects of the gym facility network.
- Create and update new programs in the Fitness Passport system.
- Ensure the FP CRM is maintained and updated on a continual basis.
Risk Management and Quality
- Assess any risks with regards to the gym supplier network capacity/availability, concentration and ongoing viability and ensure that these risks are being monitored and controlled.
Internal Relationship Management and Communication
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders in particular with business development to ensure the timely provision of gym facilities to meet overall business objectives.
- Work closely with the facility support officers to ensure facilities are onboarded and supported while in partnership with Fitness Passport
- Propose and develop initiatives that drive business performance (people, processes, products, technologies).
The most important capabilities you’ll bring to this role are:
- 7+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated B2B sales leadership skills and experience
- Financial literacy and financial management
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong teamwork ethic
- A current driver’s license, and a willingness and ability to travel domestically and to New Zealand on relatively short notice
- Tertiary Diploma/Degree – Business/Commerce/Marketing
Other skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Sound level of computer literacy with good excel and database management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced growth environment
- Ability to negotiate and manage commercial arrangements with key stakeholders (gym providers)
- Ability to identify issues and solve problems in a collaborative manner with both external and internal stakeholders
- Experience and/or knowledge of the fitness industry would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with membership based organisations
- Experience with CRM database
- Results driven
- Accept accountability and ability to work independently
- Integrity and able to maintain confidentiality
- Energetic and driven; honest and reliable
- Hours: This is a full time position offering a high level of flexibility
- Location: Sydney (Rhodes), however there’s the flexibility to work 2-3 days a week from home
- Salary: $115K – $130k plus Super, depending on experience, and a $18,540 on target bonus.
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!