Corrivium works with the world’s leading brands to deliver a cutting-edge, live streaming experience for high-profile events. Meticulous, reliable and methodical in our approach, our focus is on operational excellence. Armed with the best technology in the business, we specialise in large-scale events where nothing can be left to chance, and success is the only possible outcome.
As you can imagine, as events around the world have gone online, demand for our services has sky-rocketed. We anticipate the need for online events to be a lasting trend. So we’re growing our team and putting the operations in place for scale. Here’s where you come in!
We’re a team of five. Our values are listening, excellence and precision, to be straight-talking, and for partnerships and trust. This goes for our team internally and also our client interactions. We have a fantastic team and culture, and all work super flexibly, and passionately to deliver brilliant, world-class streaming for online events.
To keep up with this growth and to plan for further growth, we’re bringing on an Operations Manager. The mandate is to ensure the business runs smoothly now and as we grow – from client on boarding to financials and project resource allocation and the systems we use. This role is not to oversee the operations of specific digital events – we have a production and project management team which oversees the events and all the specialists they entail.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and professional Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all organisational operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective processes and strategies. You will operate largely autonomously, and liaise with the CEO/Founder, project and production leads to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Ensuring that client projects are planned in a timely, client-centric manner
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices that ensure organisational health and scope for growth
- Contributing towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Working with our accountants to ensure financial information is captured and timely, and examining financial data/statements and using them to improve profitability
- Putting a system in place to set and measure KPIs
- Help the CEO allocate resources to different projects
- Liaise with a client to hand over from the CEO’s business development to project planning
- Liaise with clients to help problem solve any issues which cannot be resolved at the project level
Skills and experience
- Proven experience as a great operations manager with a growing organisation. We need someone to come in and hit the ground running – to be able to operate maturely and autonomously
- Strong experience driving organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Strong capability to work with G-Suite & MS Office
- Favorable – experience with Salesforce and Xero
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Very strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Hours: flexible. This is a new role for our organisation – we’d like to be able to touch base Monday to Friday if needed, but are happy for you to do anything from 25 – 38 hours across those days (or to work 3-4 days and have some flexi-hours on the 4th/5th day).
- Location: Sydney or regional NSW – we use the great shared working hub, WorkClub, on Kent St in the Sydney CBD. You’re welcome to work from there or home. Ideally we’ll get together to do our collaborative work once a week but if you’re outside Sydney, then getting together in Sydney less regularly is fine too (eg. one of our developers lives on the Central Coast and this works fine)
- Salary: $120k + Super, Full Time Equivalent
- Starting: Happy for you to start early December, or mid January, whatever you prefer. We will interview strong candidates as and when they apply so don’t wait for the job expiry date!
How To Apply
If you’re interested in this role, and have not applied previously, please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!