SYSTEMology® is breaking new ground in the field of small business systems. What started as a book written by our founder, David Jenyns, has quickly evolved into a training, licensing and software business.
The SYSTEMology team has 7 wonderful people, working remotely and located around the globe.
The business is in high growth and needs an Operations Manager to navigate the transition by establishing a strong foundation in processes, and most importantly, to take its people on the growth journey in a way that inspires their development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven and hands-on individual.
Please watch this video below to find out more about the role and the ‘rockstar’ they’re looking for!
As the Operations Manager, you will start by taking on projects, planning, coordinating and overseeing their execution. The tasks will be varied and will touch all departments within the business from sales and marketing to fulfillment to HR and management.
You’ll learn the ins and outs of our business and will get to work with all of our wonderful team members and clients.
You will establish a collaborative working relationship with the business owner on strategic and big picture goals.
Your job will be to take the strategic guidance and make it a reality with tactical implementation and execution.
The ability to organize, plan and structure your workload in an autonomous fashion will be absolutely key to your success in this role. You’ll have a lot of freedom in this role but also a lot of responsibility.
- Systems Thinker. You are detail oriented, process driven, checklist loving and have a touch of OCD. You understand the importance of processes and people management and can lay the foundations for growth.
- People and project manager. You have experience hiring, building and coaching exceptional remote teams. A large part of this role is prioritizing, team management and moving simultaneous projects forward to completion. You know how to bring out the best in people and have exceptional communication skills both verbally and written.
- Problem solver. You’re enthusiastic, curious and resourceful. Whether you know how to solve a problem directly or not, nothing is ever too hard. If you don’t know the answer, you know how to find someone who does.
- Tech-savvy. You don’t need to be a technical expert but you must be tech-savvy and be able to quickly learn how to use new tools and technologies. While we don’t expect you to know all of the tools we use, we do expect you to be comfortable with it and able to pick up the concepts. Your daily tools of the trade will be Asana, Slack, Gsuite, etc.
- Understand small business. We are a small business so experience working in a small business or equivalent culture is required – here you need to wear multiple hats, we are not keen on bureaucracy and like to run the business lean.
- Being a self-starter. Often, it will be your job to determine what needs to happen, when and how. We’re looking for someone with good energy, an optimist who sees the world glass-half-full.
The right culture is critical to us – we love our team and organisation. We value generosity, family first, then team and then clients.
We might be a fit if you…
- Live to calm chaos
- Love orchestrating all the backstage happenings that make the show appear effortless
- Can masterfully oversee multiple important projects with unreasonably tight deadlines while keeping your composure in tact
- Are not afraid to take charge
- Are looking for a fast paced, mission driven place to call home
- Are prepared to exercise your leadership muscles daily to make magic happen
Perks of the job
- This is a 100% remote position.
- Part-time: This role starts at 20 hour per week with the potential for more if desired.
- Flexible work hours. You’ll have the ability to create your own schedule.
- Salary: $70,000 FTE + Super + bonuses negotiable. Final rate dependent on skills and experience.
- Gain business management experience with an exceptional team.
- You get to help change the world of business and help countless small business owners and their teams.
How to apply:
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!