The City of Canterbury Bankstown is home to 350,000 residents, making us the most populous Council in NSW.
Located less than 20 kilometres south-west of the Sydney CBD, the City of Canterbury Bankstown has a diverse multicultural community and prides itself on providing an excellent service to the community, with a commitment to remain a leader in local government.
At Council, we are dedicated to being an innovative, progressive, diverse, and award-winning organisation which is driven by the people we have working for us.
In this role, you will partner with leaders and team members across the organisation to build our culture and engagement, drive performance and deliver change projects and initiatives to help us achieve our strategic outcomes.
This role requires a strong sense of curiosity and the ability to foster strong relationships with key people across the organisation to deliver a suite of improvements and programs that drive organisational improvements and effectiveness.
Canterbury Bankstown Council prides itself on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead the development and implementation of strategies and programs to improve organisational performance and maximise the effectiveness of our people and culture.
• Develop, facilitate and co-ordinate, workshops, focus groups, engagement initiatives and employee forums.
• Develop and implement the key deliverables and projects from Council’s Workforce Strategy and the Corporate Development Unit’s strategic plan.
• Build, implement and maintain a framework of tools that will support the achievement of organisational goals and objectives.
• Drive performance and development plans through our performance appraisal process.
• Qualifications and/or relevant experience in HR, L&D, Business Improvement or Organisational Development
• Experience in the delivery of HR and/or OD related projects, implementing improvement initiatives or change management programs
• Previous experience in business partnering in the People and Performance field
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills
• Experience facilitating to a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
How to apply:
Please don’t wait until the deadline if you want to apply. We’ll fill this role as soon as we find the right candidates.
Sign up to Beam so you can apply for the role.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.
For more information, please contact Rachel Watt (Organisational Development Co-ordinator) on 02 9707 9721.