BLM Accounting Services is a boutique practice providing accounting, taxation, self-managed superannuation and financial planning services to businesses and individuals in the ACT and surrounding areas since 1997.
We are a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, a registered Tax Agent, authorised representative of PGW Financial Services Pty Ltd, and Xero Gold Partner.
We have a small firm with a young and vibrant professional team that prides itself on its ability to provide an exceptional service to our loyal client base whilst maintaining positive work-life balance.
We are looking for a professional Paraplanner who takes pride in their ability to provide an exceptional service to our loyal client base whilst maintaining positive work-life balance. You will be involved in the preparation of Statements of Advice, Records of Advice, product research, advice modelling and compliance paperwork for financial planning customers.
You will work directly with a Principal and will contribute to the overall efficiency of the firm.
Experience is essential (min 2 years previous work history in writing personal advice), and high attention to detail should be in your DNA.
You will have an understanding of personal advice framework and regulatory requirements. Preferably you will have some specialty background with Risk advice.
- Draft and template advice documents.
- Research product offerings.
- Manage advice workflow and implementation schedules.
- Prepare implementation documentation and compliance records.
- Draft model scenarios and construct returns and analysis spreadsheets.
What’s the deal?
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic finance professional who can give:
- One day a weeks’ worth of para-planning (approx. 8 hours), noting that the hours do not need to be consecutive i.e. two four hour blocks a week would be great. But, we’re open to discuss what works – let’s talk!
- Preferably Canberra based applicants however, we are open to some/all of these hours being remote. The value of finding the right person for the job far outweighs where that person is located in Australia, we are proud in stating our priority is the service offering you can bring to our clients and our professional team.
- We will pay rather attractive hourly rates ($40 per hour exc.of super) for the right person.
You will work directly to a principal in our firm who is a new parent looking for someone in similar circumstances that can facilitate ‘back of office’ functionality in order to work together and ‘get through’ the work, give fantastic service to clients and let work be the thing that allows both parties to meet family/lifestyle needs.
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline as we won’t if the right person applies.
If this role looks like you, apply ASAP! Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.