At Other Side of the Table, we know what it’s like to be on either side of the deals table, because we’ve been there.
We help by building negotiation capability in your team, creating tailored strategies that help maximise the value in your deals, and we advocate for change, so that one day all Australians will be able to negotiate with confidence.
We have supported many revenue-generating teams to:
- upskill individual leaders, in small business or multi-national corporations,
- create sustainable GTM strategies for sports, Arts and for-purpose organisations, from grassroots to elite, and
- negotiate great outcomes from the deals they invest in.
Specifically for this role, you’ll be working with one of our favourite clients, Feel the Magic – an incredible charity that supports grieving kids with evidence-based educational camps, resources, and strategies to help them understand and live with their grief in healthy ways. Sadly 1 in 20 kids will experience the death of a parent before the age of 18, so based on the statistics, we all know a family struggling with grief.
Feel the Magic‘s services are provided at no charge to grieving families, with thanks to the support of our partners (which this role will help us grow).
This role is centered on driving the partnership sales function for one of our key charity partners, Feel the Magic.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO, Co-Founder, Partnerships Lead and key members of the team to drive the sales agenda, contribute to the strategic direction of revenue-raising and manage the supporting systems and processes.
You will have experience in executing a sales function, a good network you can reach out to, and a tenacious approach to jumping on the phones to capitalise on opportunities.
Please note that because Other Side of the Table is a business consulting service working with a broad range of industries, while this role will initially focus on the sales relationship with one client, there is potential for expansion over time.
The key components of this position are:
- Drive the sales function on this project.
- Contribute towards workshops where we’ll review the existing sales prospects, tools, and approach with a view to creating a plan aligned to the 3 tiers of potential partners.
- Drive the team to deliver in line with ‘who’s doing what’, keeping momentum and progress against a raft of brand discussions.
- Steward those relationships once deals are closed.
- Work with the wider team to contribute to the overarching strategy (where appropriate).
- Collaborate with the team to build a stewardship plan that ensures we deliver great returns for our partners.
Systems and Processes
- Ensure that the CRM is maintained to high levels, ensuring the data is clean and easily interpreted by having consistency in messages and funnels. We will be shifting the current systems to SalesForce which provides an opportunity to set this up in a way that aligns with the plan you build.
- Use Microsoft Teams as a key communications channel across the team.
- Regular reporting will ensure the team is clear on the status of partnerships and where we need to tap our wide ranging networks to progress associated conversations.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following key skills:
- At least 10 years experience in sales roles (ideally with partnership/sponsorship or fundraising knowledge). Able to execute on an agreed strategic approach to sales to make the most of the whole team’s abilities.
- It’s expected you have a broad network within the business community, as well as be comfortable cold calling to expand the reach of the brand and create opportunities for growth.
- Understand partnership principals and an ability to articulate our marketing and sales messages.
- High level of competency with full suite of Microsoft Office products. Experience with the SalesForce CRM. Open and adaptable to using new products.
- Confident and dynamic personality – open to honest conversations, giving and receiving feedback, and having great working relationships. Able to work autonomously, with a sense of accountability.
- Attention to detail and a preference for order is important for the role.
- Strong time management and organisational skills as an ability to balance competing demands are essential.
- Will require your own ABN.
The role will allow for flexibility to make the hours work around school runs, etc, as long as the flexibility is mutual.
- The role is for 1 day per week, with an opportunity for growth following an initial 3-month window.
- Our offices are based in Sydney’s inner west. You are welcome to work here (post lockdown) or from your home.
- We’re looking for an independent contractor with their own ABN and set up.
- The remuneration is for negotiation, with a blend of retainer and commission on secured sales.
You will be joining a purposeful and dynamic team, and your contribution will have a big impact. If you’re a great communicator, love process and enjoy getting stuck into a challenge, we’d love to chat about the potential of you joining our team.
How to Apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but we’d love it if you could give us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!