AgriWebb is united by a passion to impact the livestock industry in a socially responsible way. We believe in improving animal welfare, land usage, meat production, consumer transparency and environmental sustainability. Our mission is to deliver the digital future of agriculture!
AgriWebb is transforming the industry from paddock to consumer. Doing that requires always looking after our core customer: The farmer. Without them, everything else falls over. We bring leading-edge technology to nurture sustainable farming practices and we want to make an impact at a global scale.
When it comes to our people, our focus is on balance. AgriWebb is playing the long-game and we want to foster talent who will grow with us. We know this means recovery and balance are critical to help our people be their best in and outside work as well.
5 years in, we’re scaling up in Australia. We have an office in the UK and have global expansion plans. Our people are our biggest asset, so we need someone fantastic to take a strategic view of nurturing and cultivating our team.
Someone to be a true partner to the business as we set ourselves up for success, nurture our culture through rapid growth and help us to take a long-term sustainable view.
We’re looking for someone with a growth mindset who can help us define what the people needs are and to liaise with our external recruitment agencies to find talent.
Culture is everything at AgriWebb and fostering and cultivating the entrepreneurial and team spirit as a high growth organisation will be central to your role. This role is for an experienced professional who demonstrates initiative and is comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
There are three pillars to the mandate:
- People & Culture – realising the potential of our talent. We’ll need your leadership, skills and process implementation on the ‘full stack’: partnering with managers on retention, development and succession planning, performance reviews, rewards and remuneration, dispute management; and facilitating and coordinating employee training to meet immediate and future needs.
- Recruitment – We need the systems and processes to manage the creation of job descriptions, interview process and onboarding for new talent, so our hiring managers can partner with our recruitment agency partners to find the right talent.
- Compliance – Ensuring compliance with company policy and employment laws is part of this role – we’d like to close any policy gaps you identify, though we have a lot in place. As with recruitment, you’ll work with our legal team for advice as needed.
What skills and experience will set you up for success in this role?
- 7+ years’ experience in P&C / Human Resources, with broad experience across the spectrum of the function
- Experience in a similar environment will be important – it might be a tech/software company or high growth organisation. This will provide you with a strong understanding how software engineers work. Your understanding of how to optimise teams for a scaling / scaled company will be a great asset for AgriWebb. If you have experience with global expansion into the US / new markets, that is a bonus!
- Familiarity with Australian employment laws (any familiarity with UK / US employment laws or how to navigate would be a bonus!)
- Influencing skills – so you can collaborate, facilitate and influence to accomplish our goals and objectives
- A commercial mindset – you’ll be a leader in the business to help us make considered, smart decisions
- Independence – you will have responsibility for the people and culture function as we grow, so being able to make decisions confidently and take initiative is important
- Dealing with ambiguity – for our start up environment, resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances will be important. As a leader in this respect, you’ll need to conduct yourself with a mature presence. And demonstrate the ability to think strategically and solve problems with appropriate business partnership
- Authentic communications – with the ability to establish open, candid and trusting relationships with the rest of the leadership team and our employees
- Challenging the status quo – being able to see emerging opportunities and risks, communicating with the rest of the leadership team
- Project Management – establishing and delivers initiatives, such as the imminent integration of our HRIS!
- Integrity and clear communications – it goes without saying that we need to you clearly and professionally communicate all business and employee needs, changes and issues with the business and employees, and maintain confidentiality
What’s the deal?
- Hours: 20-24 hours a week, we don’t mind when
- Package: $120k – 150k including Super, full time equivalent, depending on experience
- Location: Surry Hills, Sydney – above Longrain and importantly, opposite paramount coffee!
- Perks: the little things contribute to the great work environment at AgriWebb! When you start you get a brand new pair of RMs to look the part! You have your Birthday off, receive 50% off a fitness membership of your choice up to $1000 a year, and enjoy our family oriented events like our Christmas party in the park, movies and games nights etc.
How to apply
Please don’t wait until the deadline if you want to apply. We’ll fill this role as soon as we find the right candidates.
Sign up to Beam so you can apply for the role.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.