Q5 are a global, award-winning organisational change consultancy, and have recently won the honour of being declared a Great Place to Work here in Australia. Our work ranges from creating new strategies to transforming the size, shape and skills of an organisation. From streamlining our clients’ businesses and making sure it’s primed for growth, to introducing new ways of working and developing people.
What we are looking for
Q5 Australia is looking for an experienced People & Recruitment Lead to join our team on a permanent, part-time basis, 2 days a week. We are open to our successful applicant working remotely, as long as they can make the journey into our Melbourne or Sydney-based offices once a fortnight. We’d like to hire as soon as possible, with the ideal candidate commencing with us in April or early May.
You will be responsible for leading our people efforts locally, and connecting into our global HR team, based in London. We believe strongly in empowering people and giving them the platform to shine. You will need to be ambitious, entrepreneurial, self-starting and comfortable working in an environment where direction and priorities can change quickly. You will have end-to-end ownership over local people activity (with a specific focus on sourcing and recruitment) playing a key role in the growth of the business, and the development of our people.
You will work closely with Australia’s leadership, and the Global People Team (based in the UK), as well as third party partners we work alongside here in Australia (such as immigration lawyers).
1) Sourcing & Recruitment:
• Drive the sourcing and recruitment efforts locally to cover short term gaps in projects, and longer-term capability needs to support growth across all levels of our organisation (from intern to Executive Search)
• Proactively identify and target talent and generate candidate leads
• Screen applications and provide support to applicants, ensuring a positive candidate experience throughout the recruitment cycle
• Build and manage relationships with education institutions to attract the best candidates for consulting roles and internships
• Build and maintain a core team of Associates (Contractors) and keep them informed of upcoming opportunities as appropriate
• Onboard new recruits
• Refine the recruitment process to continually improve candidate experience and successful hires,
• Prepare for and run Assessment Centres, including ensuring candidates have completed necessary testing ahead of time
• Coordinate the internship programme to ensure interns are highly engaged with project work and the program(s) provide a strong pipeline of high calibre talent
• Provide comprehensive reporting to Australian Leadership on recruitment pipeline status
2) Provision of HR support to local team members:
• Act as point of contact for team members in Sydney and Melbourne to respond to queries and resolve people-related issues
3) Talent, reward & benefits:
• Work with the Global People Team to shape the Q5 EVP for Q5 Australian, identify gaps & propose actions to achieving this EVP and communicate it effectively in market to prospective candidates
• Work with the Global People Team to understand the development curriculum for all levels of the organisation, and ensure that Q5 Australia team members are afforded the same development opportunities either through internal or external initiatives
• Manage all development queries from the team
• Conduct routine market scan and review of Q5 remuneration packages and benefits against industry benchmarks, including wellbeing benefits and leave policies
• Support the execution and administration of the end-of-year pay review cycle
4) Work on ad-hoc projects:
• Work with the global People team to execute local projects related to other People disciplines such as D&I, Engagement and Wellbeing
• Prepare for and carry out one-off events, such as Associate networking events
A self-starter with capabilities in:
• Previous experience in recruitment and / or sourcing in a professional services setting
• 10+ years experience in HR
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Permanent resident or citizen of Australia
• Can worked remotely, but must be able to be in our Sydney or Melbourne office once a fortnight
What’s the deal?
How to apply:
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!