Spinach Ventures will hire as soon as they find the right person, so if it looks like you, please apply asap!
Spinach Ventures consult, mentor and advise small businesses on the leading People Practices and Methodologies in HR Strategy, HR Advisory, Organisational Design aligned with business purpose, values, strategic objectives and goals.
Our purpose is to cultivate work cultures where people flourish, businesses thrive and communities prosper. We bring this to life through genuine understanding, facilitating respect and genuine interactions between people, teams and management.
We are guided by achieving the best outcomes from three crucial perspectives: the organisation and its purpose and values; individual team member goals for their work and life; and what’s best for commercial outcomes.
Our team has genuine flexibility (hello work-life integration!), and most importantly they are part of a fun and supportive team that loves doing great work for interesting people (our clients!).
There is a huge opportunity to help small businesses by providing them with meaningful, operational and strategic HR support.
Your mandate as our People & Culture Consultant is to deliver all day to day HR matters for clients, ensuring you create amazing employee experiences.
No two days will be the same, and we will need you to hit the ground running. As such, you will need to come primed with a strong business acumen and empathy with small business owners to provide recommendations which are practical for their context.
To succeed, you’ll need to be:
- Able to build rapport and establish trust with clients quickly
- Curious about people – be understanding and interested in human experience
- An active listener – asking great questions to draw out issues
- Driven more by outcomes than following process for process sake
- In love with technology, probably a digital native who sees possibilities in technology which enable human connections
- Coaching and guidance to people managers to educate, mentor and advise around all aspects of people management and leadership (always aligning to the client organisations’ purpose and values);
- Providing HR advice and guidance on all routine employment matters;
- Maximizing the use of technology in service delivery through the HR and team systems (i.e. Employment Hero and Microsoft Teams);
- Managing the delivery of employee surveys. In conjunction with knowledge of the organisational culture, you will be responsible for formulating strategies from the results and provide practical implementation guidance to clients.
- Degree qualified in HR, Psychology or related field
- Working knowledge of all HR practices (incl. strong employment law knowledge)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and e-HR systems
- Genuine interest in using technology to enhance human experiences
We’re really interested in understanding what motivates you in your career. What values are important to you, that we can support?
At Spinach Ventures there are some things which are really important to us: altruism, we want to have fun and enjoy work (and provide our clients with this as well!), we like to challenge the status quo and are open to change, and we’re comfortable with uncertainty and risk. It will be important that our values are aligned, though our approaches and styles might be quite different.
What’s the deal?
- Part-time: 15 hours a week as a minimum. But we are open to up to 30 hours a week. The exact timing is generally flexible, noting we would appreciate some time on Tuesdays (when our small and mighty team all crossover!) and also some coverage later in the week. But, let’s talk about what also works for you!
- Salary: $90-100K maximum package (FTE including Super)
- Location: The team HQ – and many of our clients – are based in Canberra. We need you to be based in the Nation’s capital as this role requires face-to-face client meetings.
- Starting: we’d love you to start ASAP!
- Other benefits: AHRI (or other relevant professional body) membership; and ongoing professional development that will enable the collection of career experiences you are seeking.
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam here.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!