Are you a vivacious PR Guru, able to take the lead and have strong execution skills?
We’re looking for a PR Manager to play a critical role in helping advance Eventbrite’s business in both the Australia and New Zealand markets. You will report to the Corp Comms Lead at Eventbrite HQ and partner closely with the GM of Australia and New Zealand and the broader AU/NZ team to drive awareness, build credibility, and establish trust through various thought leadership and storytelling opportunities.
- Develop a robust news bureau program to ensure a steady drumbeat of press coverage in the AU/NZ markets. You will be responsible for pitching stories to a broad range of media, including business, tech, consumer, local and trade press.
- Produce and maintain the nuts and bolts of communications operations for the AU/NZ markets – including, press lists, track and document press coverage, etc.
- Manage speaker’s bureau for executives and team leaders in both Australia and New Zealand, including identifying key opportunities, overseeing the calendar, creating briefing docs, and drafting presentations as needed.
- Partner with Global Head of Internal Communications to ensure the local team remains connected to the broader organisation, including content for global All Hands meetings and weekly company newsletter.
- Collaborate with broader PR team to leverage product and partnership announcements relevant to AU/NZ markets.
- Work closely with the local Marketing team to define and execute a PR strategy in support of building the Eventbrite brand in market.
- Be on the front lines of all incoming or reactive press inquiries for AU/NZ with an appropriate sense of urgency and sound judgement.
- Identify opportunities to amplify content and news across various channels and outlets.
THE SKILL SET
- 4-6 years experience in communications, public relations or related field
- Agency experience not required, but a major plus
- Deep existing relationships within the Australian and New Zealand media landscape
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Detail-oriented with outstanding writing and copy editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Make-it-Happen Spirit – Unbounded energy and drive, you’re proactive and always seeking the next opportunity to spread the Eventbrite love.
- Creative Thinker – PR these days isn’t about putting a press release on the wire and seeing the coverage flow in. We dig deep to be creative and thoughtful in the news we put out.
- Hand-Raiser – Someone who is always looking to take on more and help. Not a box-checker, but someone who volunteers and sees the work all the way through.
- Collaborative Teammate – We’re a close family in the Briteland, and this role will work across many functions and borders. Experience working in a global US organisation is a particular plus.
- Well-Spoken/Written Communicator – Solid communication prowess – both written and verbal
- Flexible Worker – Things change quickly in tech, someone who can pivot and acclimate quickly will accel here.
- Positive Thinker – We like coming to work, and a big part of it is working with amazing, positive, happy people.
Our global team is responsible for protecting and propelling the Eventbrite brand around the world. That’s a big deal. We help amplify the stories Eventbrite has to tell and help dig up the best ways to connect audiences with our work and research. As we continue to gain traction in global markets, and our brand and product becomes synonymous with live experiences, we’re looking for someone to leverage the strong foundation we’ve created and build on this for Australia and New Zealand.
Our small, but mighty, Global Communications team is charged with bringing Eventbrite into people’s hearts, minds, and conversations. We are storytellers, press pros and evangelists who take a creative approach towards all forms of relations – from external media relations and speaking opportunities, to assisting on internal All Hands meetings and global internal communication. We work closely with our marketing counterparts and peers across the company to surface interesting stories – and get them in the hands and heads of the masses.
Eventbrite is the world’s leading event technology platform, powering more than three million live experiences each year. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply for this position, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from different cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
INVITE TO APPLY
If you’re passionate about what we’re doing at Eventbrite and would love to help us spread the word, please apply here through Beam Australia!