Cricket NSW oversees cricket in NSW from our elite professional teams to community, school, and social cricket. We are responsible for leading and growing cricket throughout NSW.
Our purpose is to inspire everyone to love cricket with the desire to be No. 1 in all formats, produce the best players and coaches in the world and be the leading sport for women and girls. You are joining a team that is energetic and motivated – we deeply enjoy the work that we do and the impact it has in the community.
About the role
Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia are looking for a Public Policy & Government Relations Manager.
As the Public Policy & Government Relations Manager you will develop and co-ordinate public policy and government relations activity in NSW, with a focus on relationships with the NSW Government, local councils in NSW and the Australian Government as issues relate to NSW.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer at Cricket NSW, with a dotted line to the Head of Government Relations & Infrastructure at Cricket Australia, this role involves extensive government relations engagement with Ministers and staff of the Australian & NSW Governments, along with a wide number of backbench and Opposition MPs, as well as the Parliamentary Friends of Cricket network to:
- Deliver funding for key facility projects and programs of significance to Australian Cricket;
- Ensure the views and perspectives of Australian Cricket on policy matters are conveyed to, and considered by, government; and
- Manage daily communications with government and other stakeholders to navigate key issues of interest to Australian Cricket
- Engage with municipal governments on facility projects and programs of significance to Cricket
- Develop relationships with Australian Cricket stakeholders and other professional sporting bodies as required to improve outcomes for Australian Cricket
- Proactively identify and analyse state and federal government sports issues within NSW, providing advice and counsel to the CEO, COO, Senior Leadership Team and other internal staff of Cricket NSW and Cricket Australia
- Prepare and execute government and public policy communication plans
- As appropriate, represent Australian Cricket in government meetings/forums
- Conduct oneself in a manner that is consistent with the values of Australian Cricket including CNSW and CA
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations including MOU and department specific contractual arrangements
- An experienced adviser in executive government at federal, state or local government level, or government relations adviser dealing externally with government
- Highly organised and enthusiastic about developing relationships and collaborating to facilitate change
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal – who can inspire, influence, engage and provide advice and counsel
- Ability to engage with municipal governments on facility projects and programs
- Proactive in identifying and analysing state and federal government sports issues within NSW
- Experienced creator and executor of government and public policy communication plans
- Previous public policy and government relations experience
- An understanding of and passion for the game of cricket
What’s the deal?
- Hours: The is a full time role offering a large degree of flexibility
- Location: Cricket NSW Headquarters, Olympic Park, Sydney – however, right now most of the team are WFH.
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Take advantage of the employee benefits on offer, including learning and development opportunities, flexible work practices, salary packaging and the odd ticket to the cricket.
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent arrives.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!