Do you want to accelerate your insights career in a world class business? Do you have the passion to add value to every day decision making? Are you a researcher and communicator comfortable in a high-velocity role, and unafraid to push limits?
Uber is looking for a Research and Customer Insights Executive to support the Head of Research and Insights in day to day project planning, management and delivery of multiple projects across Uber Rides, Driver and Eats businesses in the Australia New Zealand (ANZ) region.
- This role serves to provide insights that can shape our roadmap and marketing direction, as well as helping to ensure that everyone knows who are customers are from the rider, driver and eater side.
Your ability to synthesise and communicate insights to the team is paramount.
You will be equally focused on deeply understanding the millions of existing customers as well as the millions of people yet to try Uber.
You must be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to learn on your feet, bring a fresh perspective to the team, and help build a growing business.
This opportunity offers three days per week work as a contractor, with potential to grow further in the future.
What you’ll do
As the Research and Insights executive you will:
- Support the Head of R&I on ongoing project management of multiple projects including ANZ Brand tracking, Qualtrics customer surveys and Innovation research;
- Analyse survey data to prepare stakeholder presentations and deliverables, ensuring these are tailored to stakeholder requirements;
- Conduct ad hoc quantitative analysis as required, using Excel, Crunch or Q;
- Develop a clear, focused questionnaire or discussion guide aligned with key project objectives, with limited assistance;
- Clearly and confidently communicate and share research findings to the business, within required timeframes;
- Confidently present at high level meetings, if and when Head of R&I is not able;
- Work with various Uber departments to clarify research requirements;
- Key point of contact for research agencies – obtain costs, raise purchase orders and service agreements;
- Ensure fieldwork is managed accurately, within timelines and budgets, and project requirements are understood by all parties involved;
- Responsible for fully understanding questionnaire, changes, sample, weighting, etc; and
- Develop good working relationships with various UBER teams (Marketing and Strategy, CommOps, RegOps, Finance, Legal, etc.) and ensure good working relationships are maintained.
What you’ll need
- 5 years + experience in customer research roles
- Demonstrated track record of taking customer / market research and working with marketing teams and external research agencies to implement
- Strong experience in questionnaire design, and building structural processes to implement these into business rhythms
- A clear passion for identifying customer needs and insights
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively prepare and communicate research findings.
About the Company
Uber is changing the way the world moves. Within 5 years, Uber has become one of the fastest growing and most successful start-ups in history. We’re not just about moving people – we’re also about creating a marketplace to bring people what they want, when they want it, and this is leading to ground-breaking expansion and innovation.
The cornerstone of Uber’s success is its passionate obsession with customer service. The product was built from a passion to improve a customer experience, and since then Uber has delivered magical experiences and opportunities to millions of riders, drivers and eaters across Australia and New Zealand. As we expand into new categories and audiences, our customer obsession will be more important than ever, and this role will be the custodian of their voices. Uber has incredibly interesting audience sets, with one brand delivering transport needs, food delivery and creating job opportunities to often unique and sometimes overlapping segments.
Bottom line Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.