Fenton & Fenton is a cutting-edge interiors concept online and physical store based in Melbourne.
We are home to a colourful collection of homewares and furniture, offering a unique shopping experience both in-store and online.
With an eye for the bright, the beautiful and the exotic, we love to think outside the box and inspire others to do the same.
11 years on, we are committed to doing things that stand out and giving our customers fresh decorating ideas and brand experiences.
We are home to a dynamic, creative and collaborative bunch who work hard to ensure our liaisons are as much about the experience as the purchase.
As we grow and mature as a business, we need to approach our business operations more strategically. Therefore for the first time, we’re looking for a dynamic, experienced Senior Store Manager with strong business acumen who can act as the conduit between the different functions within our growing business.
You will be responsible for driving process improvement, demonstrating excellent leadership and assuming responsibility for the overall success of our Prahran store by setting targets, supervising the Store Manager, and coaching the sales team.
You will possess a strategic solutions-focused mindset, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a roll up your sleeves mentality (after all, we are still a small but mighty business!)
You are flexible and resilient with strong relationship management skills and a background gained from working in small to medium private businesses.
Finally, you are a strong team player, driven by an outcomes-oriented approach to your work!
- Setting up processes/systems for business growth;
- Dealing with problems by providing creative and practical solutions;
- Evaluating performance using key metrics and addressing issues to improve it;
- Reporting to the senior executive team on progress and issues;
- Managing the different digital systems (POS lightspeed, excel, monday board, zen desk, shopify);
- Acting as a conduit between store & all other functions within business;
- Ensuring compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines; and
- Leading and deliver store meetings (monthly).
- Leading the Prahran store team towards effective collaboration and attainment of goals (i.e. monthly sales KPIs); and
- Overseeing customer service – training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
- Working closely with HR to build the team/new revenue streams; and
- Working closely with HR for team members’ career/training needs and feedback (performance appraisals).
- Proven experience as Area manager, Store manager who is looking to step up
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles
- Sound understanding of optimisation of store operations and standards for success
- Some working knowledge of ERP software (POS lightspeed, excel, monday board, zen desk, shopify)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation
- Clear and demonstrated aptitude for learning new systems
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
Bonus skills/experience/interests you may have (one or more – great! None – no worries either)
- Retail industry / e-commerce sector experience highly regarded
- Digital Native
- Fast-paced start-up or small business experience is also highly desirable
What’s the deal?
- Permanent part-time: min 4 days a week, or equivalent across 5 days. We are flexible on hours and what days work best for you! Let’s talk.
- Location: The role will be based out of our showroom in Prahran. We work in a hybrid working environment – a blend of WFH and in-office work; we want to make sure you can collaborate with the team in person.
- Salary: $80K + super as a Full Time Equivalent. This would then be pro-rated to the agreed hours.
- Starting: We’d love you to join the team asap!
We also offer a range of great benefits including a collaborative work culture, employee discounts, and flexible working conditions.
How to apply:
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!