We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services Advisory and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver work from a global perspective. Read on to see where a career with EY can take you!
About the role
Across the banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management, energy and corporate treasury sectors, our clients require integrated risk management and regulatory advice.
You’ll help them by providing strategy and implementation support. You’ll work in high-performing teams alongside risk management professionals, quantitative analysts, risk technology architects, control professionals and former regulators. Together, you’ll help clients better assess and improve their risk and regulatory frameworks.
The Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) team is in a substantial growth phase, and as a result we are looking for Senior Consultants, Managers and potentially Senior Managers to join our successful and growing team. As part of our FSRM team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
In the role you will
- Deliver assignments to a high level of client satisfaction and within budget.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Build an understanding of our solutions, share knowledge and be able to draw on subject matter specialists accordingly.
- Develop relevant recommendations and solutions to improve efficiency and mitigate areas of risk.
- Work with clients to meet regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Manage project teams of consultants.
- Be willing to travel (Melbourne occasionally).
Wide breadth of services of FSRM
- Conduct risk management advice, remediation and transformation.
- Conduct risk management framework design and operational effectiveness.
- Risk culture assessment and change programs.
- Regulation and compliance advisory.
- Financial crimes, Anti Money Laundering and sanctions advisory.
- Specialist risk support for delivery of advisory, internal and external audit service
Skills and attributes for success
- 6-10 years’ relevant risk management & compliance experience in banking, insurance and/or asset management.
- Experience in Anti Money Laundering and sanctions.
- Experience supervising consultants
- Understanding of regulatory expectations, including ASIC and Austrac.
- Conflicts of interest and complaints experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment.
- Self-motivated with lots of energy and drive.
- Graduate degree in law, finance or commerce preferred. Post-graduate qualifications in, commerce or risk management viewed favourably.
- Professional/technical qualifications in risk management viewed favourably.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world, to help create wider economic and social benefits today, and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply here through Beam as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply as soon as possible here through Beam with a cover letter addressing which ‘skills and attributes of success’ you are strongest in and why you’d like to join the team.
Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
EY’s approach to flexibility
Related Jobs (7)
Director, Risk & Regulation | PwC | Sydney or Melbourne | 3-4 days per week on September 12, 2018
Commercial Director | Sydney | 3-4 days (Applications closed) on August 20, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Senior Manager Advice Policy | Sydney | 4 days on July 2, 2018