The Squiz is a growing podcast and newsletter business, we were born from a love of news. Quite simply, we want to give busy people – and women particularly – a quick and easy way to keep up with the news. The result is our weekday newsletter and podcast, Squiz Today. It’s your shortcut to being informed.
We’re looking for someone to sell tailored digital advertising campaigns and partnerships across our growing roster of assets that deliver strong results for clients.
You will need to be a self-starter who is passionate about delivering great reader/listener experiences, and demonstrate consultative outbound sales techniques to assist prospects to understand our products. In this role you will be the key contact responsible for all aspects of the new business sales process.
- Generate new business sales that are relevant to our unique and compelling audience segments.
- Build and promote strong customer relationships by partnering with advertisers and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to facilitate discussions, including with senior corporate managers
- Strong business sense and media industry expertise
- A strong understanding of the sales process and techniques used to acquire new customers, and can demonstrate this to us.
- The ability to take quickly take advantage of new opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to help guide prospects
- Strong time management skills. You will need to multitask, organise, and prioritise work
- The ability to understand sales data and metrics to help influence the outcome, whilst being able to identify inefficiencies and bring new ideas to our outbound sales process.
- A passion for a career in sales, and the ambition to grow with us
What’s the deal?
- Permanent part-time with the opportunity to convert to full-time
- Location: Flexible, includes office time in Darlinghurst – Great working environment – a driven, entrepreneurial and friendly team that has big plans for the future
- Salary: OTE = $115K. Includes base salary + super as a Full Time Equivalent. This would then be pro-rated to the agreed hours, + uncapped commission on new business.
- Starting: We’d love you to join the team asap!
How to apply:
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!