Mullion Group is an Australian based software and consulting company, internationally recognised for our expertise in greenhouse gas inventory systems for the land sector.
We create solutions for environmental reporting and analytics.
We have the technical capability and insights to inform key policy makers – from governments to international organisations. We act as a conduit between scientists, policy makers and business.
We pride ourselves in our unique ability to measure and project land-based greenhouse gas emissions and removals. & we are passionate about what we do!
We are a small yet nimble team. We are looking for a driven, motivated and amazing Sales & Marketing Manager to help drive our business forward!
In this role, you’ll be a key player in shaping and building our innovative, first in the world, business. You’ll have a major impact on Mullion Group’s success and establishing our organisation as a sector leader.
Please note that we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas – this is our wishlist, however if you believe you’ll be able to do this job well and bring some but not all of these attributes, please apply and let’s chat.
We are looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager to:
- Develop and execute the strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base, appropriate for our size and growth focus, start-up budget and sector.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Manage our company brand in a cohesive way.
- Plan and execute marketing, with a focus on digital marketing including SEO, customer database, email and social media.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence, with a focus on LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Own other marketing initiatives such as small event management and PR.
- Identify trends and insights in marketing within our sector, and optimise spend and performance based on the insights.
- Generate, edit, identify, publish and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news; relevant news / insights from other sources)
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Utilise strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Plus, other ad hoc challenges that arise as we grow!
We have a marketing company we work with closely based in Ecuador who we expect that you will be in constant contact with! They assist in the strategic direction and implementation of all marketing activities including sales research and contact, content creation and implementation. They also provide the company graphic design and video expertise when required. In fact, one of the requirements of the role is to be able to work between 8:30am-12:30pm at least two of your days so that you can engage in a meaningful way!
Capabilities we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent communication skills to be able to express our company’s views creatively.
- A strong grasp of current sales and marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead from concept to execution.
- Demonstrable B2B software solutions sales and marketing experience.
- Be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Hands on experience in content creation, with excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate action.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (in particular, Google Analytics).
- Familiarity with WordPress web design and CRM management.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Great attention to detail and someone who takes pride in the brand they take to market.
We operate in a friendly, respectful and relaxed team environment. We are an IT start-up so we need someone who has a ‘roll up sleeves’ mentality.
You need to be driven, motivated and comfortable working in a virtual team.
What’s the deal?
- 2-3 days (around 16-24 hours). The main constraint on the part time will be the timing: at least 2 days per week they need to be available from around 8:30am to 12pm due to the time difference to Ecuador.
- The team HQ is in Canberra so ideally, you’d be based in Canberra. But, we are open to the right applicants from across Australia who are comfortable working virtually.
- $70K including super for the three days (this translates to about $130K including super as a Full Time Equivalent).
- Start date: we’d love if you could join the team mid-late April
If you’re ready for a super exciting journey working hard to grow our new and innovative business, please apply here through Beam with a cover letter addressing the requirements for the role and answering these three questions:
- What is it about our purpose that you connect with?
- Can you please provide some solid examples of selling software to business?
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
We look forward to meeting you! Applications close 12th April 2019.
Related Jobs (2)
Marketer | Melbourne | Part-time 2-3 days (Closed) on March 27, 2019 Permanent Part Time