Who are we?
Otway Pork is the producer of all natural Australian Certified Outdoor Bred pork, raised in straw lined shelters without added growth hormones. We put a lot of love into everything we do. That’s why we breed our pork outdoors and raise them in straw lined shelters. So, our partners and consumers always have the confidence of serving pork that’s 100% natural, lean and tender.
Operating for more than 25 years, the broader Pastoral Pork Company is a well established fully integrated FMCG business with a recognised brand and 100% local marketing strategy, production and decision making. We have an established group of distributors, including high-end boutique butchers and supermarkets.
It is an exciting time for us, with our new CEO and plans for a re-brand which helps to build the ethical pork sector in Australia.
What is the objective of this new role?
To take responsibility for the development and growth of branded product sales, strategic brand direction, traditional and digital communications, media planning for the Otway Pork Brand and secure its position as a leading player in Australia’s premium pork meat industry.
The mandate will be to grow and develop the Otway Pork branded business so as to maximise sustainable long-term profits, whilst ensuring the very highest ethical, environmental and safety standards are followed.
Based in Port Melbourne, the Sales and Marketing Manager will take a leading role in relaunching the brand and developing a digital marketing strategy while building relationships with long and short term customers along traditional lines.
You will report to the CEO and have a lot of autonomy and responsibility for the re-brand and future direction of Otway Pork. We have an exceptional Chairperson as well, who together with the CEO, know how important this role is to our success.
- In conjunction with the CEO, key staff and the external agency, develop and deliver a multi-channel marketing communication strategy
- Work closely with production and processing, internal and external stakeholders, to optimise the value of our livestock activities
- Manage the principal product and new product development
- End-to-end brand management
- Traditional marketing and development of non-traditional channels
- Account management
- Prepare regular reports on trading performance
- Provide recommendations on opportunities including new product development or other marketing opportunities
- Manage a sales person and likely a digital marketer in the near future
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years as a Senior Brand Manager or an already established Marketing Manager
- FMCG foundation
- Traditional and digital marketing experience
- Account Management experience – grocery sector experience dealing with supermarket distributors would be valuable in this role
- A team player and relationship builder with energy and a positive personality to maximise the effectiveness of your role with managers and operational staff
- A proactive individual with strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritise, set clear objectives and solve problems
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business or Communications
Culture and Benefits
- We’re a business with an affinity with work life flexibility that promotes innovation and is supported by a collegiate leadership team and broader supportive team that is at the top of their game
- Permanent Part-Time role, 3-4 days or 5 days school hours
- Salary is up to $170k incl Super FTE, depending on experience. There will be incentives in place, but they are not ready now
- Start – Ideally mid-march for our re-brand kick off, and end of March latest to start
- Location – Port Melbourne, where we’d love to have your presence a couple of days a week, however work from home is not a problem
- Travel – there is some travel to see our distributors, mostly in Melbourne and metro, with a bit of regional i.e. Geelong and Bellarine, Mornington Peninsula, and occasionally to Sydney for a short trip
If you’re excited to be a change-maker and would like to join our leadership team, please apply here through Beam soonest (we will not wait til the application deadline to meet with applicants), addressing these three questions in your cover letter:
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- What is it about Pastoral Pork’s purpose that you connect with?
- What is THE most important thing to you, in your next role?
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Related Jobs (9)
Marketing Manager | Melbourne | Part time 1 day/week on March 18, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Digital Optimisation Lead | Sydney | Part-time: 16 hours/week on February 22, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Partnerships Manager | Mums & Co | Sydney | Part-time: 20 hours/week on February 17, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Sales Capability Coach | Melbourne | Part time 3 days (closed) on December 10, 2018 Permanent Part Time