About Divide by Zero
Divide by Zero is a small progressive business specialising in Strategic Marketing Technology (MarTech) consulting services. We have been created to grow the professional capability of our employees and offer very flexible working conditions.
Our standard weeks are 30 hours — so we are very Beamy! Read all about how a fake inspirational quote inspired Divide by Zero’s flexible week!
The snapshot of who we need
We really want someone who can come in and hit the ground running so experience in MarTech is essential. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years experience as a BA. Along with proven skills in data cleansing, data transformation, and SQL. You’ll work with our developers to understand and outline requirements so solid experience with MarTech tools such as Adobe and salesforce is really important. And then of course there’s the softer side – friendly, professional and someone who wants to be part of a great team.
Main responsibilities of role
This role will see you deliver a range of MarTech solutions to our clients.
Typically, this will include:
- Defining business requirements and processes through meetings, stakeholder interviews, reviewing documentation and client artefacts
- Translating knowledge of client requirements into project documentation such as vendor software selection, implementation actions and use cases
- Mapping and redesigning existing processes and data flows – these may include marketing, operational or customer engagement processes
- Analysing customer data for completeness and insights for Direct Marketing purposes
- Supporting the PMs in the planning and management of projects to deliver a wide range of MarTech solutions
1) Business development
Support the business to bring new business into DBZ, this includes:
- Being involved in quoting and costing.
- Assisting in developing DBZ’s offering in Sydney and Australia wide.
- Supporting the development of marketing initiatives to acquire new clients.
- Building relationships with existing and potential clients to generate future work.
2) DBZ professional values
DBZ prides itself on being a highly valued and trusted partner to organisations. We do this through not only saying that we support our clients but through demonstrating our commitment with actions not just words. We live this through:
- Working with an attitude of ‘it’s up to me to make it happen’, which involves us rolling our sleeves up across all aspects of our business to ensure client delivery.
- Being on time for, and professional in everything we do, be that meeting a client or delivering work; actively participating, using the right tone and protecting the client’s information/IP
- Being excellent communicators (in-person, email, over the phone or using our range of business communication tools).
- Proactively contributing to a positive team atmosphere and company culture, and generally being a model for the junior members of the team.
Skills, experience and values
- The right experience: Proven experience, with at least five (5) years working as a business analyst in commercial enterprise environments. You have experience undertaking broad analysis duties related to the selection, implementation or development of Direct Marketing focused technology and platforms. You must also understand Direct Marketing concepts and have worked with marketing, digital or similar teams. Exposure to major marketing and advertising technology platforms including Adobe, Salesforce, Oracle, IBM is a bonus.
- Technical skills:
o Data Modelling
o Functional & Non-functional specification writing
- Team player: We are a friendly, generous and hard-working bunch – it’s really important you’re a naturally interpersonal and team-focused person. We all rely on each other every day.
- Communication: Outstanding communication and people skills is essential. You must be a friendly, clear and open communicator.
- Education: A degree in a related discipline is useful to us, however experience is just as important and we’re open minded.
- 20 hours a week (we’ll consider anywhere between 15 and 30 hours/week).
- $73k plus 10% super for the 20 hours
- Flexibility to work anywhere and with a good leave entitlement.
How to apply
If you’re excited about this role and know you’d do a great job click on submit application and upload a cover note answering these 3 questions:
- Why do you want to join the Divide by Zero team?
- What makes you an excellent business analyst?
- What is THE most important thing to you, in your next role
If you don’t have a profile with Beam yet, please sign up and we’ll let you know next steps so you can then apply. We’re looking forward to meeting you!