Applications for this role close on 23 March.
WGEA is a unique small federal government agency that works with the Australian private sector to develop leading-edge business practices to drive improved gender equality in the workplace. We are a purpose-driven collaborative team collecting a world leading dataset and are in the process of transforming our reporting and data management platform.
Further information about our Agency is available at http://www.wgea.gov.au/
About this role
The Senior Communications Adviser is part of an energetic and high performing Engagement team that seeks to educate and influence positive change in Australian workplaces.
- Devising innovative campaigns to promote and drive workplace gender equality
- Engaging an audience through your powerful speech writing, communicating complex issues in an engaging and succinct way
- Executing public awareness campaigns about discrimination faced in the workplace by both women and men
- Delivering campaigns and producing a range of communications material, including the Agency’s website content and administration
- Promoting public discussion and awareness of gender equality issues
- Building strong relationships with media and other stakeholders
- Positioning the Agency as the world-leading centre for informed comment, advice and tools on gender equality issues and research
- Being responsible for building sustainable relationships with employers and other relevant key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong communications or campaign experience
- Be a creative thinker who can generate new ideas, overcoming barriers to achieve results
- Have exceptional writing skills
- Be willing to participate in activities across the Agency
What’s on offer?
- This is a 2-year contract
- Part-time: We are open to one person working 32 hours/week or two people job-sharing 37.5 hours and we will scope the role accordingly – we’re staying open minded to find the best person for the team. We are committed to supporting flexible working arrangements.
- Annual salary from $82,166 to $93,862 plus 15.4% Superannuation (full-time equivalent)
- Location: We’re in modern CBD offices (Kent Street Sydney)
- A culture that is committed to achieving results and values innovation
- Opportunities to work on agency wide projects and collaborations
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We encourage and welcome applications from people of all genders, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature-age people.
We look forward to meeting you.