At Starlight we know that sick kids are still kids. Our mission is to brighten the lives of seriously ill children, and their families, by replacing the pain, fear and stress experienced through hospitalisation and treatment with programs that deliver fun, joy and laughter.
Starlight is a leading for-purpose organisation and Australia’s broadest reaching children’s charity. Our team is 300+ strong and we have over 1,000 volunteers. This role has been created to provide support to the CEO Office and play a key part in influencing the future of Starlight.
You are a creative thinker, with the capacity to problem solve constructively and with ingenuity. Your demonstrated ability to work within fast paced and challenging environments will set you apart, as will your excellent communication and time management skills. You are excellent at managing multiple projects concurrently and engaging in your ability to proactively deliver seamless experiences to support the CEO. You are confident, easily manage and build strong relationships with multidisciplinary internal and external stakeholders showing initiative, sensitivity and professional integrity.
You’ll use your exceptional time management, organisational and relationship building skills to excel in this fast-paced support role. You’ll be working across a variety of projects and tasks including copywriting internal and external communications as well as social media management, managing diaries, booking meetings, arranging travel and accommodation, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, creative problem solving and more!
This role would suit someone with a communications, media, marketing, events management or executive team support background with highly developed administrative skills.
About the role
The Senior Executive Administrator & Copywriter position is a once in a lifetime job-share opportunity to support our inspiring CEO.
Working 3 days per week (22.8hrs) you will find no two days are the same in this high energy, fast paced and creative role. To succeed in this position you are adaptable, people and solutions focused and have a positive, energetic approach. This role can be offered on a permanent or fixed term contract basis.
- Being the face of an incredible internal and external network of people, partnerships and building upon these strong relationships
- Strong business acumen to understand the organisation and key priorities in order to be a true partner to the executive
- Social media management, communications and content writing
- Supporting the executive in preparation for exciting national gala events
- Proactively managing a workload and adapting to changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality work in a fast paced, hands-on, high energy environment
- Tech savviness and basic troubleshooting (you can pick systems up quickly and easily) and exposure to systems like Salesforce (CRM)
- Diary management, preparation of correspondence, message taking and management of requests for information, e-mails, phone calls and other correspondence
- Preparation of agendas and travel and accommodation as required
- Preparing monthly reconciliation and submission of expenses
- Assisting in the preparation of project/ presentation documents
If this sounds like you and you’ve been seeking an innovative organisation that is positively changing the lives of children, young people and their families, then apply here through Beam for your application to be considered.
Please note interviews will commence 24th of January
Successful applicants will undertake a Working with Children Check and National Police Checks.
Starlight’s vision for reconciliation is to embed values of awareness, acknowledgement and respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and their culture within our organisation. We welcome applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!