About Beam Australia
At Beam, we’re disrupting full-time work. We’re all about creating career-worthy, part-time roles for anyone who needs or wants more balance.
We’re looking for a senior full stack developer for a new software team developing an industry-first platform to enable and promote part-time work.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in building a platform that enables flexible work and the transition into a fairer working economy and at the same time honing your skills with the latest tech stack.
Your work will potentially assist thousands of people to design roles that better fit their lives.
What you’ll bring to Beam
The platform will be built on industry-leading technologies in a cloud native, containerised environment with a service-oriented architecture. Backends developed using modern PHP, Golang and Node serving a GraphQL API. Consuming that API will be React web frontends and possibly React Native apps in the future.
You are a proponent of best practices and software design patterns. You take pride in the idea of Clean Code and SOLID principles will be second nature to you. You are concerned with building and maintaining a reliable platform through excellent test coverage, solid operations and working in an flexible Agile team environment.
Senior level experience in (4 years+):
- PHP – Laravel (ideally), Symfony, similar
- React – CRA or Nextjs
- SQL – relational databases
- Git / Source control – Ideally gitflow
- CI/CD pipelines – building and maintaining
- TDD – automated testing
- Cloud ops – Ideally Google Cloud or AWS.
Some experience in:
- Systems architecture
- Software architecture
- Agile software teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Growth mindset
- UX and customer-focussed development
- Node / Express
- RESTful API design
- Yarn / NPM
- Webpack / Rollup
- Cloud dev-ops (logging, monitoring etc)
- Functional programming
- SOLID principles
- JWT stateless auth
What Beam will bring you
- A smart, passionate and fun team to collaborate with
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed
Location: Melbourne-based preferred. Potential for remote working for the right candidate
How to apply
We are pretty pumped to be welcoming a new member to our Tech team. If you’re curious about our product roadmap and vision for growth, and think you can help us achieve it in this role, we would love to hear from you.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute telling us the following:
- Why you’re curious about joining Beam
- What you’re keen to bring to the team with your capability and experience
We can’t wait to meet you! Don’t wait until the deadline, if this is the role for you then please apply now!