The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) is Australia’s central bank and has a unique and essential role to ensure economic strength and stability through the development of monetary policy and maintenance of a strong financial system. Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
Purpose of the role
We are making an important senior appointment, reporting to the CIO, because a member of our IT Leadership team is returning from parental leave and would like to work flexibly. We are seeking her complement, to execute the role in a job-share arrangement. We are proud to be partnering with Beam Australia on this initiative and have made a series of structural changes to ensure this role is well supported and set up for success.
The role of the Senior Manager, Enterprise Systems, is to establish a strong understanding of the business needs for a range of enterprise-wide departments, in order to deliver a portfolio of effective and efficient technology services covering applications, projects, and other business as usual activities in support of the business strategies.
Key Position Objectives
In conjunction with the business, prepare the technology strategy to support the business departments so that there is alignment between the business needs and technology plans, and there is a clear understanding of the impact to IT skills, technologies and processes needed to enable the strategies. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Define and operate a business engagement operating model in conjunction with other IT teams so that there are clear mechanisms in place to maintain an effective and proactive relationship with the business, and linkages into other parts of IT are seamless in the delivery of services to the various touch points in the business.
● Establish a comprehensive understanding of the business needs, so that technology outcomes to support strategic and business as usual initiatives are delivered within the time, cost, risk and quality parameters.
● Maintain an industry leading approach to the development and operations of application systems, and ensure the quality of the work is continuously improved through techniques such as reviews, standards, tools, metrics and disciplined processes.
● Based on regular planning processes, establish a forward view of demand and supply through work plans and resource schedules for the development, enhancement and support of application systems.
● Prepare budgets for the respective applications and co-ordinate with business departments in preparing budgets that fall within IT’s area of responsibility.
● Provide leadership to direct reports and broader leadership across technology with the aim of realising a function that is seen as world class by our senior business stakeholders and where appropriate, by external independent reference points that can guide us towards this aspiration.
Project Delivery – A demonstrated ability to deliver IT projects is essential. An ability to assemble complementary project teams from internal resources, in order to execute projects. We use a combination of Agile and Iterative methodologies so familiarity with both is important.
Critical Thinking – An ability to think strategically and develop plans and policies that meet the longer term needs of the RBA. An ability to interpret, analyse and integrate complex professional/ technical/ administrative concepts from a number of areas or sources. An ability to generate new/innovative but effective solutions to problems.
Communication Skills – An ability to listen to understand the nuances of business needs, and to be persuasive and influential with both internal and external stakeholders. An ability to adapt writing style to suit the intended audience – the work style at the RBA reflects the nature of the work – with economists writing well structured and compelling cases. So an ability to clearly articulate point of view in a written format (as opposed to PowerPoint for instance) is important.
Leadership Skills – An ability to foster and contribute to a client/ customer focus. An ability to lead, motivate, develop and direct staff and others in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
● Advanced knowledge of delivering projects for supporting enterprise-wide needs, e.g. Human Resources, Finance, Risk, etc.
● Degree qualification in relevant subject
● Specific accreditations or qualifications in leadership and management.
● Specialist/Technical Knowledge (standard, advanced or very advanced)
● Advanced knowledge in establishing new competencies and skills in a team to support emerging business needs, with specific knowledge covering web, collaboration and mobile technologies
● Demonstrable experience in IT leadership, and delivery of IT projects and personnel in corporate/ enterprise-wide services and systems
● Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with business stakeholders at various levels
● Experience in engaging finance, risk, audit, Human Resources and publications/ communications specialists, so as to understand requirements to shape IT deliverables
Hours / Days – Job-share: Wednesday – Friday is highly preferred, with cross-over on Wednesdays. Team meeting will be held on Wednesday.
Role – 1-year fixed term contract, with a view to permanency
Location – Martin Place, Sydney CBD
Salary range – Negotiable + Super of 15.4%
Invitation to apply
If you’re excited about the opportunity to contribute to Australia’s economy in this role, please submit your cover letter, addressing the capabilities, here through Beam Australia.
Related Jobs (10)
Tax Specialists: Manager Level, PwC – Melb/Syd, part-time on December 19, 2017 Permanent Part Time
Business Improvement Specialist, ATO – Sydney, 3-4 days per week on November 21, 2017 Contract
Accountant, Jack Lawrence – Double Bay, Sydney, 2.5-3.5 days on November 10, 2017 Permanent Part Time