Venture Consulting is a ten years’ young boutique strategy consulting firm that specialises in the media, telco and tech sectors. We are currently a team of ten, based out of Sydney. We are part of the Venture Group – a loose alliance that includes Venture Advisory (M&A advisory) and Venture Insights (subscription based insights service).
We believe that technology is a force for good in the world. We help clients create opportunity from disruption. Most of our work is focused on corporate or business unit strategy, business development, financial analysis, adjacency assessments and transformation.
We do interesting work for interesting clients.
Over the next two years, I am looking to build a senior team of 2-3 energetic, engaged, intelligent, curious, people-centric Senior Managers and / or Partners who can take us to the next level. I see this team as the future leaders of the company. I am 48 and have been the company’s main sales person for the last ten years, but looking forward, I want to ensure that Venture will outlast me! I am happy to share equity with the new leadership team, based on agreed milestones.
You will join as a Senior Manager or a Partner. Your focus will be on leading client engagements and on business development, both with me, and solo as you become established in role.
You will be a good fit with us if you are:
- A very strong strategy consultant – 8+ years strategy consulting experience through to Senior Manager / Principal level … but fine if you have been out of the workforce or following a different career path for a few years
- Passionate about our core sectors (Telco, Media, Tech) with real domain expertise and, preferably, some pre-existing relationships (but not a deal breaker) …
- Looking to work for a flexible, boutique firm as a partner and future leader
- Relaxed and collegiate
- People and relationship based – you enjoy working with teams and clients. You love nurturing the team. Someone who enjoys developing relationships
- Intellectually curious – you are always asking questions and love to debate the ‘right’ answer based on fact, not opinions
- A self-starter – we have a loose, flat structure. I won’t be structuring your day for you!
- Happy to have your variable remuneration tied to the performance of the whole team – I want us to work together as one company, one team – hence our value, ‘Venture Family’
- Want to build a business that also works with early stage tech businesses for equity
- Want a better work life balance where your evening commitments are respected, where you can take unpaid leave to do interesting things – we value personal development and want for all our team – especially our leaders – to be well rounded individuals who are constantly learning and growing
- A role model to our great team of Millennials! Someone that they can respect, learn from and have fun with
- A good fit with our values:
- Venture family
- We believe passionately in the positive impact of technology
- We own the problem
- We are honest with our clients and ourselves
- We are humble … never arrogant
- Permanent part-time: we welcome people who want to work with us 3 or 4 days a week. Project work is structured to support this
- Expected remuneration: $200-$250k Full time equivalent, which will be pro-rated for the days you work + a bonus or equity
- Location: we’re based in Sydney
- Starting: when it works for you
- Additional flexibility: we’re open to discussing leave options which will provide a good balance for your week and year
Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly about your strategy consulting experience in the Media / Telco / Tech area, and also addressing these 4 questions…
- What do you love about being a strategy consultant?
- Why would you like to be a part of the Venture Consulting growth story?
- What is THE most important thing to you, in your next role?
- What impact do you want to have in this role?
I’m looking forward to hearing your story!
Related Jobs (9)
Technology Risk | Manager | Sydney | Melbourne | 3-4 days on December 9, 2018
Senior Manager, Data Assurance | Melbourne | Part time: 4 days on September 21, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018
Manager, Internal Audit | PwC | Melbourne | Part-time: 4 days on September 20, 2018
Technology Risk | Senior Manager | PwC | Sydney & Melbourne | 3-4 days on December 9, 2018