This is a senior level procurement role, which requires strategic procurement experience with establishing and structuring procurement categories, establishing related processes and developing stakeholder relationships to support across the University. Procurement is a relatively new centralised function. We now need an expert to come in and assist with implementing category management strategies and lift our category management capability.
This role reports into the Strategic Procurement Services portfolio and is being co-recruited by Carol Simpson, who is responsible for Strategy and Business Development and is also a Beamer working 4 days a week. Of the working environment at WSU, Carol says “the Uni is in a really exciting growth phase. We have an ability to add value in an evolving space. This environment suits someone who is keen on a dynamic change environment. We are lifting up the flexibility culture in the environment too. There is a lot of cool strategic stuff to do. We’re building the team to bring new capability to meet the requirements.”
- Part time: 4 days per week
- 6 month fixed term contract to begin, with the potential to go permanent
- Location: the beautiful Hawkesbury campus in Richmond, Sydney (30 mins from Bella Vista for instance, with car-parking!)
Please apply here through Beam as soon as possible, with your expression of interest – can you please tell us a little about your strategic procurement experience and how you’ve helped to establish the procurement function in the past? We welcome all applicants who bring these capabilities to the role.
About Western Sydney University
The Western Sydney University is a major urban university spread over six campuses in Greater Western Sydney, a region of great opportunity, diversity, challenge and growth. The University has a strong connection to Greater Western Sydney, working with its communities and businesses to contribute to the region’s growth. The University is culturally diverse, with 2,500 staff and 40,000 students drawn from Australia and around the world.
The University strategic plan, ‘Securing Success: 2015-2020 Strategic Plan’, articulates the University’s values and commitments of being:
1) A Distinctively Student-Centred University
2) A Research-Led University with Regional, National and Global Impact
3) A Unique Learning Experience that is Innovative, Flexible and Responsive
4) An Expanding International Reach and Reputation
5) A Leading Advocate and Champion for the Greater Western Sydney Region and its People
6) A Dynamic and Innovative Culture that Secures Success.
The Division of Finance and Resources is headed by the Vice-President (Finance and Resources) who reports to the Vice-Chancellor and President. The Division comprises:
- Estate Master Planning and Strategy
- Infrastructure Services
- Commercial Development, Services and Governance
- Environmental Sustainability
- Commercial and Business Modelling
Related Jobs (10)
Team Leader | Sydney | Part-time 25 hrs/week school hours (closed) on December 11, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Inside B2B Sales Manager | Sydney | Part time: contract on December 10, 2018 Contract
Sales Capability Coach | Melbourne | Part time 3 days on December 10, 2018 Permanent Part Time