Are you a senior B2C marketer that can make an impact within an organisation in just 12 weeks? We’re looking for someone goal orientated who is able to lead and nurture a team. If that is you, please read on!
Who are we?
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only Australian medical research institute solely focused on researching the cure for all children with cancer. Founded by parents of children with cancer, the first labs opened in 1984 and the institute is now recognised to be in the top 5 childhood cancer medical research institutes in the world. www.ccia.org.au
In 2017 the team developed a strategy to grow our research impact and move us closer to the ultimate goal of curing every child. This will include building on our capability to deliver ‘translational research’ by working closely with children’s hospitals in Australia and internationally, an example of this is the Zero Childhood Cancer program which is the largest single initiative ever undertaken for children with cancer in Australia. It is innovative, ground breaking and world leading – we aim to improve survivorship for children with the most aggressive cancers by targeting their individual cancer with a personalised treatment plan. www.zerochildhoodcancer.org.au
What do we need?
We have a new dynamic strategy with growth and change at the heart of it. We need to differentiate the institute within a crowded market place, leveraging compelling content and digital channels to acquire and retain new advocates, supporters and donors. We need to leverage the opportunity of new technologies to understand our supporters better including their motivations, triggers and behaviours so we can deliver to them the right message at the right time via the most effective channel with the aim of increasing their lifetime value. We need to personalise our communications.
We are putting marketing at the centre of this growth strategy.
Who do we need?
We need a senior marketer with a strong background in B2C marketing strategy and execution. You will join the team on a short-term contract to help us shape our marketing strategy and set the team up for long-term success.
We are looking for you to reframe what marketing means in our organisation, give us a future focus and shine a light on what we need to do to get there.
- You will be strategic and understand execution
- You will be a rounded B2C marketer, with a particular flair for digital
- You can create stories and capture an audience
- You love data and can translate research and numbers into insights
- You know how to bring research and emotion together to create meaning
- You can hit the ground running and build strong relationships
- Support the Head of Fundraising and Marketing on the new marketing strategic initiatives
- Contribute to the planning of a segmented marketing and communications plan
- Bring your data driven expertise to drive personalisation
- Help reframe the marketing team and their role within the Institute
- Partner with our technology team to ensure we have the data capability required
- Coach and mentor our Marketing team
Experience and skills needed
- Strong strategic B2C marketing capability
- Data-led digital marketing
- Strong communication skills
- A story teller
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- NfP experience a bonus, but not essential
- This role is being offered as a 3 month contract, 3-4 days/week
- We are a very flexible workplace and a strong believer that people have whole lives (its not just about work)
If you are passionate about driving change, please apply here through Beam. We can’t wait to meet you!