Who is FIIG?
FIIG Securities (FIIG) is Australia’s largest fixed income specialist with over 7,000 investors and over $8bn of funds under advice.
FIIG offers Australian investors direct access to over 400 domestic and international Corporate Bonds, working with private clients, advisers, not-for-profit organisations and institutions to help them manage their fixed income investments.
FIIG’s Debt Capital Markets team has also raised over $2.5b for over 50 corporates through the issue of Corporate Bonds. Founded in 1998, FIIG has offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth and employs over 100 staff to assist investors with access to FIIG’s expertise and fixed income investment opportunities
We put the client at the centre of everything we do. We are professional, genuine and honest. We are passionate about succeeding as ONE Team. We are solutions and future focused, finding ways to improve what we do. We are commercially focused, aspiring to deliver our best at all times.
About the FIIG team
We are a performance based and values driven organisation, who put the client at the centre. We look for people with a positive “can do” attitude, who are proactive with high energy and sense of urgency, able to work well in a fluid, fast paced environment, committed to making a difference to our clients’ success, our brand and our team. We play as one team and celebrate as one team.
This role is responsible for continuing to improve the delivery and development of FIIG’s Enterprise risk framework including risk registers, audits, remediation plans, strategies and business continuity management, through daily engagement with the executive team and employees. This role will also review, monitor, document and report/benchmark against the framework, ensuring that all risk issues are resolved, minimised or eliminated.
This role partners closely with all leaders of the business including department heads and key personnel.
- Participate in the development and embedding of the desired risk culture including implementation and delivery of the company’s risk frameworks including risk registers, measures, remediation plans and strategies as well as business continuity management and reporting
- Review, monitor, document and report on continuous risk oversight and audits against the risk strategy and framework
- Resolve any risk issues and implement action plans to minimize and eliminate any future risks
- Ensure the business is kept up to date and informed regarding company’s risk framework, perform regular reviews and audits and develop/deliver general and specific risk training
- Implement and review the risk governance structure, policies and procedures
- Prepare and implement a credit risk strategy across the business and specific balance sheet investments
- Ensure that when new products, new initiatives or new projects are undertaken that all the relevant risk considerations are considered, documented and managed
- Monitor and report on FIIG’s Risk Profile across the business
- Work closely with all departments heads and key stakeholders to ensure a strong comprehension and management of good corporate governance and risk obligations
- Provide risk advisory technical expertise and knowledge across the business to challenge the status quo for the purposes of improving our identification and management of all risks
- Provide advice and insight into the external risk environment and emerging risks to enable effective risk identification, control evaluation, residual risk assessment and effective treatment planning
- Ensure proactive business continuity management processes and recovery strategies are in place.
- Maintain a level of resilience and business continuity readiness
- Investigate and report on actual or potential breaches
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of risk and watch list reports for the Audit, Compliance and Risk Committee
- Provide insightful, accurate, timely and effective risk analytics and reporting to enable effective oversight/monitoring of risk exposures and appropriate escalation and governance
- Develop key relationships across the business in order to influence risk and strategy
Experience & Attributes to be Successful
- Financial services and risk management experience with strong analytical, reporting and business partnership skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills to be able to liaise, consult, collaborate and negotiate with people at all levels including Executive Management
- Credit risk management and fixed interest experience
- Strong understanding of operational risk matters
- A team focused style with strong collaborative skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated process development and management
- Highly skilled in analysing data, identifying trends and reporting
- Strong customer service ethic and proven organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Energetic with a positive “can do” attitude, and pragmatic in approach
- Self-motivated and resilient team player with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills and applies a disciplined approach to work
- High level of professional integrity, excellence and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong commercial acumen and a keen learner
- Excellent time management skills, a proactive approach and ability to use initiative
- Skilled problem solver; pragmatic and solutions focused in providing appropriate advice
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team to achieve results
- High achievement orientation, passion and tenacity to succeed with high level of personal accountability for delivery, able to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Tertiary degree in Business, Finance or related areas.
- Hours: 30 hours across 4 or 5 days
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Reporting to: Our CFO
- Salary: $165K – $197K +including Super (Full time equivalent), depending on expertise in this field
To support our people at work we offer some great benefits including: regular team activities and events; generous recognition and referral programs; and an employee assistance scheme.
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you.
This job is growing two trees for koalas. Post a role before the end of February to help grow two more!