PwC Australia helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. With over 6,000 staff nationally we are a member firm of the PwC network globally and one of Australia’s leading professional services firms. We assist a range of clients including Australian businesses, not-for-profit organisations and governments to assess their performance and improve the way they work. Underpinning our success is our firm vision “To realise and discover the potential of…” which is achieved through our values of Performance Matters, Have a Go, Be Open and Authentic, Hunger for Growth, Embracing Differences and Care.
We have multiple roles available in both Melbourne and Sydney for Senior Security Architects with 5+ experience in Solution Security Architecture to join the Cyber Security Consulting Team.
About the role
This position will require you to work both autonomously and in teams depending on our clients’ requirements. You will display a passion for information security and possess advanced analytical and problem solving skills. You must have an attention to detail and be focussed on quality delivery, ensuring client satisfaction at all times. It is important that you possess an ability to form solid relationships with external clients as well as your team.
The primary responsibilities are to:
- Assess security solutions to ensure they have appropriate controls and recommend controls where applicable.
- Perform end-to-end threat modelling of new and existing solution architectures with the objective of specifying the controls required to address the threats and highlighting any Cyber Security risks and/or control gaps.
- Provide recommendations to client’s internal Security/Risk functions focused on reducing the risk of any identified controls gaps.
- Act as a key contact point for Cyber Security advice for our clients, providing recommendations and advice to client stakeholders on their internal IT security requirements and/or industry best practice.
- Perform research on emerging technologies, industry developments, directions, and best practices in the security field to ensure the best advice is given to your clients.
- Support the end to end delivery of multiple projects spanning multiple resources and teams.
- Coach and mentor junior cyber security architects to facilitate their growth towards technical and consultative leadership. Providing leadership and direction for the security architecture capability within the team.
- Assist with/lead the development of the support processes and systems that create the foundation for a project.
- Provide quality review and oversight of engagement delivery teams and project deliverables.
- Seasoned experience with a specific focus on security architecture across a broad range of industries, technologies and networks
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of complex architectures and technologies with a focus on the securing these systems
- Relevant industry certifications, including but not limited to those issued by SABSA, CISSP, CISM, SANS, GPEN, GCIH, and/or CREST
- Experience in a professional services or a consulting environment is preferred
- Sound interpersonal skills with proven experience supervising the work of others
- In-depth Cyber security knowledge across a broad range of topics including
- Enterprise architecture
- Software security architecture
- Software (security) patterns
- Threat modelling and designing risk-based controls
- Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to develop and manage senior-level relationships
- Strong project management, facilitation and delivery skills
The offer at PwC
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to a variety of flexible working styles. These are unique opportunities offering a fun, flexible and supportive work environment and the chance to build a successful career. The significant breadth of our client base ensures that interesting and varied work is always available.
In return we offer you the opportunity to join a diverse and progressive team that will allow you to learn from inspirational people committed to ensuring each and every interaction is an opportunity to learn, challenge, reframe and innovate.
We encourage you to contact us to discuss the opportunity. Apply online now here with Beam.
Related Jobs (4)
Technology Risk | Manager | Sydney | 3-4 days on December 9, 2018
Technology Risk | Senior Manager | PwC | Sydney | 3-4 days on December 9, 2018
Senior Full Stack Developer | Beam | Australia | Part-time: 3 days/week on November 16, 2018
Identity Architect, Manager / Senior Manager | Melbourne on September 14, 2018 Permanent Part Time