About Social Traders
Since 2008, Social Traders has been a pioneer in the development of Australia’s social enterprise sector.
We help social enterprises grow by connecting them to market opportunities with business and government buyers. To date, we have worked with more than 4,000 social enterprises – across different stages of maturity.
In 2017, we made a strategic decision to focus on unlocking the significant potential of Australia’s $600 billion social enterprise procurement market. We believe this represents the greatest untapped opportunity to generate positive, sustainable social impact and change.
Having reached our target of facilitating $105 million in procurement spend two years ahead of schedule, we’ve decided to significant scale our ambitions in the next 5 years.
To realise this evolving and exciting opportunity, Social Traders is hiring several key roles in the organisation to drive momentum. Is this opportunity for you?
Objective of this role
Supporting the Social Traders’ Market Development team to deliver its objectives of building the strength of the social enterprise procurement market and bridging gaps between demand and supply. You will work with two parts of the organisation as follows:
- Growth Services, where you will support the manager to identify critical skills gaps and support requirements of social enterprises, which will inform the development of a program of support services to address them.
- New Markets, where you will support the manager to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the current market, and assess potential new markets, which will inform the new markets strategy.
- Support the Market Development team managers (Growth Services, New Markets) to structure and scope strategic problems
- Execute qualitative and quantitative analyses, including data gathering, data interrogation and data modelling
- Support the development of insights / recommendations and preparation of supporting presentations
- Develop trusted working relationships with relevant stakeholders, including Social Traders’ colleagues, customers (ST certified social enterprises and business & government members) and strategic partners
- Present findings to key stakeholders to influence decision making
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 2 – 3 years of strategy development experience as a consultant, preferably within a top-tier consulting firm, or in-house. If you are more experienced then let’s chat as this role can be done full-time or part-time, depending on you, your skills and how you work.
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving skills through the use of strategy development
frameworks and methodologies
- Strong financial or economic modelling skills (primarily using MS Excel)
- Demonstrated capacity to engage, build trust and support a range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to structure a story and present findings to influence senior stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability- the role may evolve over time as Social Traders’ business model matures
- Tertiary qualifications in a business-related discipline
- Able to live & work in Australia
- Location: We’re based in Melbourne CBD, but would consider amazing people from any location in Australia as this role can be done remotely
- Days/hours: 4 days/week
- Salary: $105k including super (full-time equivalent)
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate! Over the holidays, our response might be delayed, we will be looking to get in touch in the last 1/2 of January.
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam here.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.