About Social Traders
Since 2008, Social Traders has been a pioneer in the development of Australia’s social enterprise sector.
We help social enterprises grow by connecting them to market opportunities with business and government buyers. To date, we have worked with more than 4,000 social enterprises – across different stages of maturity.
In 2017, we made a strategic decision to focus on unlocking the significant potential of Australia’s $600 billion social enterprise procurement market. We believe this represents the greatest untapped opportunity to generate positive, sustainable social impact and change.
Having reached our target of facilitating $105 million in procurement spend two years ahead of schedule, we’ve decided to significant scale our ambitions in the next 5 years.
To realise this evolving and exciting opportunity, Social Traders is hiring several key roles in the organisation to drive momentum. Is this opportunity for you?
About the role
This position has been developed to grow the number of Social Traders certified social enterprises and maintain existing certifications. Social Traders currently has over 300 certified social enterprises and is working towards a 25% increase by December 2020.
Growing the number of Social Trader certified social enterprises offers more opportunities for business and government to spend with social enterprises, which can generate more impact in Australian communities.
Social Traders certification function is focused on:
- Efficient and effective assessment of social enterprise applications for certification and re-certification
- Maintaining the relevance of Social Traders certification in an evolving marketplace
- Elevating Social Traders certification in Australia
Social Traders has a world class certification framework that puts impact at the heart of social enterprise. It offers assurance to stakeholders of social procurement they are working with genuine social enterprises, as well as setting a robust standard for Australian social enterprises. Our framework is developmental, and we support social enterprises to meet a higher standard over time.
This position will focus on the following key activities:
- Assess new applications for Social Traders certification
- Engage Social Traders certified social enterprises through re-certification
- Maintain systems and processes related to the certification function
- Support the evolution of Social Traders certification framework
- Contribute to key stakeholder engagement in the social enterprise and social procurement eco-system
Some travel may be required.
Skills and Experience
- Essential: Highly developed relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong understanding of social enterprise and the benefits they deliver
- Ability to interpret financials statements
- Highly regarded: Demonstrated track record in account management/stakeholder engagement roles
- Desirable: Some knowledge of commercial law
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and the mission and values of Social Traders
- Location: We’re based in Melbourne’s CBD, but would consider amazing people from any location in Australia as this role can be done remotely
- Days/hours: 4 days or a 9-day fortnight
- Salary: $80-85k including super (full-time equivalent)
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate! Over the holidays, our response might be delayed, we will be looking to get in touch in the last 1/2 of January.
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.